Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The "Henry Waxman" look - an issue with nasal pillows?
RE: The "Henry Waxman" look - an issue with nasal pillows?
(11-20-2012, 10:32 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 08:19 PM)zonk Wrote: am I missing something here
the pillows suppose to rest on the nostrils .. not goes inside

But they push upward on the nose, giving you that pig-nose appearance.

This is all really just a joke. I doubt the effect is real. If it were, you'd have to keep going up a size in your nasal pillows, eventually reaching XXXL. Dielaughing
My baggy eyes isn't a joke, I am serious, I thought maybe I had the mask to tight but I believe its the design of the Swift FX. I am comfortable with the fit but not how I look in the morning. I won't share no real photos, don't want to scare anyone! LOL I'm not trying to win any beauty contests so if my therapy is working I'm okay with it, I can just plan my outdoor trips at night when my face goes back to normal! Too-funny
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe turning into a Ferengi
[Image: 200px-Ferengis1.jpg][Image: 200px-QuarkDS9.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2012, 10:46 PM)zonk Wrote: maybe turning into a Ferengi

Don't they breath through their enormous ears? Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:My baggy eyes isn't a joke, I am serious, I thought maybe I had the mask to tight but I believe its the design of the Swift FX. I am comfortable with the fit but not how I look in the morning. I won't share no real photos, don't want to scare anyone! LOL I'm not trying to win any beauty contests so if my therapy is working I'm okay with it, I can just plan my outdoor trips at night when my face goes back to normal! Too-funny

I have just started using the pillows and I wake up with huge bags under my eyes and swollen eye lids. I was wondering if this was caused by my Swift FX? Anybody else , besides Tim and I, have this problem?
Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
During allergy season, I get this. I use nasal pillows. If I am really down with it, my eyes will be glued shut, but not very often. Three times a year maybe. Someone explained that it pushes the fluid out the tear ducts? Something like that.

I will start looking in the mornings and see if the puffiness is more oftener than I think.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to report that since I've been using Grape Seed Oil on and around my nostrils, my nose-hole enlargement process has begun to reverse itself. Not sure why, exactly.

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is scary -- I don't have a cute, petite little nose ... I have a rather large Celtic nose, thanks to my dad ....

so I don't need any kind of enlargement!! I'm using the medium pillows. I tried small and it seemed like I wasn't getting enough air.
Seriously, is this something that happens?!

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't noticed any problem with the P10 Clem. I use the medium size and sometimes go to the large size for a week or so. It does remind me of a radio show from my kidhood days: "Who nose what evil lurks in the hearts of man? The Shadow nose......." Apologies are already in the mail.

Post Reply Post Reply
DISCLAIMER; DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. TESTED UNDER SAFE LAB CONDITIONS ONLY. DO NOT ATTEMPT!!

I read that after nostril enlarging will nasal pillow masks one should use Preparation H to shrink them right back down to normal size, sometimes even smaller! I heard it works wonders on baggy eyes and wrinkles as well. Dielaughing
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Def not putting Prep H up my nose, LOL.

Now the dr is increasing the air pressure in my machine. I'm worried it's going to blow up my nose like never before. Ugh. Am I going to need plastic surgery someday????

Seriously, how long have these nasal pillows been around? Has anyone using the pillows for a long time noticed nasal "stretching"? This has got me worried now. Good Grief.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 43 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,777 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.