Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The "Henry Waxman" look - an issue with nasal pillows?
RE: The "Henry Waxman" look - an issue with nasal pillows?
(11-20-2012, 05:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Think about those people who stretch parts of their bodies such as their ears or their lips by inserting different types of rings and other such ornamentation. If that can cause permanent deformation I'm sure nasal pillows can do the same. Personally, I don't care. I'll trade a huge pig nose for a good night's sleep.

P.S. Has anyone had to increase their nasal pillow size after a while?

I tried the Large over the Medium after 22 months. The large were presenting leaks though so I went back to the medium. I believe I found the issue to be the last shipment of nasal pillows were are bit more stiff causing irritation between my nostrils. I since use a cream now, its helping.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
am I missing something here
the pillows suppose to rest on the nostrils .. not goes inside
Post Reply Post Reply
No, nasal pillows go inside the nostrils. Not far in, but enough to form a seal. All of mine go up to the first ring.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2012, 08:21 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: No, nasal pillows go inside the nostrils. Not far in, but enough to form a seal. All of mine go up to the first ring.
suppose would be the wrong size ... if goes any further Dont-know not pillows user

Post Reply Post Reply
The way it would widen the nose is that flared out ring. It pushes against the nostril but won't fit so it widens the nose hole.

And first ring means first ring from the goes out point, not the first ring closest to the rest of the mask!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2012, 05:49 PM)big_dave Wrote: They've found a cure for Henry Waxman Syndrome but it's worse than the problem, and you'll need to switch to a different mask.

http://www.freakingnews.com/No-Nose-No-E...2561-0.asp

So that's what it's like to get punched in the nose really hard. Ouch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, another day went by and my nose-holes haven't shrunk all that much. Oh-jeez

Maybe I should apply moisturizer to my nostrils at night to help the shrinking process along... Thinking-about I guess the older you get, the less elastic your skin becomes. Not good. Sad

This is really a bummer because I like nasal pillows a LOT better than my nasal mask. Confused
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2012, 08:19 PM)zonk Wrote: am I missing something here
the pillows suppose to rest on the nostrils .. not goes inside

But they push upward on the nose, giving you that pig-nose appearance.

This is all really just a joke. I doubt the effect is real. If it were, you'd have to keep going up a size in your nasal pillows, eventually reaching XXXL. Dielaughing
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
heck, at that point, just stick the hose up there and call it done.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
You'd need two hoses, with a "Y" connector.

Or perhaps an extra CPAP machine. One for each nostril! Thanks
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 13 43 minutes ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,764 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,373 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 320 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.