Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The IDEAL SpO2 while sleeping?
RE: The IDEAL SpO2 while sleeping?
I have about the same number of events whether or not I use my CPAP machine.
Around 3-5 per hour... so I stopped using my CPAP machine thinking it was really not helping.

I have noticed my spO2 is around 95.5 when using my CPAP vs. 94.2 when I do not use my CPAP. Every night I wear a oximeter and have it wake me if my level falls below 91.

Usually I am so tired I fall asleep around 9 and take naps if I am not at work. Last night I used my CPAP and I feel like I have so much more energy than normal.

Could this be because my average sp02 level was higher while I used my CPAP last night? No one ever talks about having a lower than average resting spO2 level but maybe it matters.

Just wondering people's opinion on this.

Signed,
Sick of being so tired after dinner.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The IDEAL SpO2 while sleeping?
Welcome, lurker! I hope you have already found the forum useful.

It is quite common for sleep disturbances (partial or complete arousals) to happen without affecting your SpO2 levels. These will leave you tired during the day or evening, and eventually damage your organs. Getting used to your CPAP machine can take quite a while, and noticing the improvements will take even longer. It took me six months to go from feeling 'not too bad' (lying, too) to feeling 'pretty good, thanks'.

I recommend sticking with the CPAP and learning how to use ResScan or SleepyHead software to monitor and guide your progress. (I'm guessing that you are just starting, because your minimum pressure is as low as the machine will go. Most people find that inadequate and uncomfortable.) There is a lot of experience here, and the people are happy to share it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 8 889 10 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 208 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 338 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 18 656 03-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 797 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 650 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.