Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Itamar® WatchPAT™ is amazing
The Itamar® WatchPAT™ is amazing
Just had a home sleep test using the Watch device and it gave me a much better understanding of my sleep condition than the in lab sleep study (because I could hardly sleep during the lab test).

The traditional belt device is garbage and needs to be thown out. The watch device is WAY better and boasts a 90% correlation to a proper in lab PSG test.

Its hard to believe since theres not much to it. It just contains a simple thing that sticks to your chest and another thing to stick your finger in. Thats it. And somehow it does a much better job than a device using a belt and a nasal cannula. How it knew how long I actually slept and what stages of sleep I was in, I have no idea. But it did. It gathers so much data including sleep position.

The doctor I'm going to seems to swear by this device and thinks its the greatest thing. I agree. I think this thing could possibly replace the lab sleep study for most people. If not now, then in the not too distant future.

I guess this looks like an advertisement for the WatchPAT. They're not paying me. (I wish). This device means a lot to me because I had a number of in lab sleep studies and could not sleep for just about all of them. Knowing that there is now a device that allows you to take an accurate sleep study in your own bed is a big deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The Itamar® WatchPAT™ is amazing
You have had a lot of problems with past studies and therapy. What did you learn that will move you forward?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The Itamar® WatchPAT™ is amazing
(09-18-2019, 08:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have had a lot of problems with past studies and therapy. What did you learn that will move you forward?

lol. I'm gonna post about it later. I don't want to make this post about me. Still want to get things settled before I say anything. Its a long story.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 218 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,437 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  AHI Discrepancy w/ AirSense 10 AS and WatchPat Sleep Study TheProphetofLies 6 347 02-26-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Diagnosis] Help with Lofta WatchPAT ONE results kenm 2 282 02-17-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: kenm
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,419 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Watchpat vs Wellue disagreement? lisaistired 10 832 11-16-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: lisaistired
  In-Lab results wildly different from Watchpat saiyangod 3 575 11-06-2023, 03:05 AM
Last Post: saiyangod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.