Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
RE: The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
Thanks so much to both of you - I'm only 1 month in but I have high hopes at this point. 

I'm making daily notes now and have been for the past few weeks which has been helpful for sure.
Monitoring any changes I make like chin straps / pillow size adjustments etc

I'm a total data nerd - I can get quite obsessive with it for sure and am really enjoying it .  
I'll be mindful to monitor real world feelings as opposed to the data. 

I had a similar challenge with the smartwatch - it's great, but there were times when I found myself questioning whether I was feeling rough only because the watch was telling me I should feel rough that day !

Comfort is indeed my top priority at this point as I'm determined to make the pillows work rather than the full mask and get to consistent 8 hour sleeps.

Will bring the lower pressure up to 7.4 and monitor.

@SleepRider:
I'm currently at 7/12.8 PS 4

You mean Bring to 7.4 / 12.8 and change PS to 3.6 ?

Or only change EPAP to 7.4 and leave all else the same ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am suggesting only a change to the EPAP min and max pressure. Increase both by the same amount. Leave PS alone for now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You mean ePap & iPap ? So 7/12.8 -> 7.4/13.2 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All !

I just passed my 1 year CPAP anniversary and thought I'd share some data.

It's been an interesting year. 
  • I've been using the machine pretty consistently every night.
  • I got used to the P10's after about 2 months and find them quite comfortable
  • Had been using Med pillows, but switched to large about a month ag
  • I don't believe mouth breathing has been an issue for me
  • I haven't used mouth tape/strips in over 6 months 
  • I have one of those arm things that swings across over the head of the bed with the hose mounted and hanging from it  and it's made things more comfortable as I switch from side to side quite a bit during the night - it's seamless.
  • I even have used the machine on a few long haul overnight flights with relative success
  • I've had around 5 or 6 [ 0.00 AHI ] nights during the year

Attached are some OSCAR shots from the past 3 nights.  

Nothing specific about these nights, it's a random sample of the last 3 nights.  

I believe that I'm not setup as well as I could be on the machine - just a hunch.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, and maybe of interest - here's some overview shots of the 12 month and the last few months with some high level stats.
This shows the machine settings changes over the year aswell.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your anniversary and on a lot of successful problem-solving! With numbers as good as yours are, the key question is how rested you feel during the day. How would you answer that question?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm one of those who hasn't noticed night & day results, and even over a year I'm not really sure what it's doing.

Initially it appeared that it had cured my AFIB , but that has since come back so correlation may not be causation on that.

At best, using it has to be better than not using it , but I've not been massively inspired.

I use it religiously and wish I'd noticed something more tangible. 

I've got someone to look at my data recently and am making tweaks to the machine so will be interesting to see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.