Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
RE: The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
Leaks are most likely just a relaxation of the jaw and a leak from the mouth. It may help to pull a corner of your pillow between your shoulder and jaw to support against this. Residual events are central, so If I have not already asked you to change trigger sensitivity to high, do that now. A high trigger sensitivity can help stimulate a breath where a CA event would otherwise occur.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you had a decent night! I wouldn't worry too much about the clusters of CAs at the beginning and end of the night. They may represent sleep-wake transition events; these occur as the neurochemical systems that regulated waking and sleeping breathing hand off control to one another. I've seen this phenomenon abate on its own for several people here.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider - Pretty sure we changed that trigger to high a few nights ago, I'll double check today.

@Dormeo - I'd love to see that abate !

From what I'm seeing, the pressure is staying between 11 and 12.4 pretty consistently and I currently have it set at 7/12.5.  Looks like it didn't actually hit 12.5 last night, but 12.4 was the max

Next steps probably monitor with the P10's for a few nights and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
And as an aside, I didn't understand what the term "Clear Airways" actually means in the CPAP world when I created my username.

I just thought Clear Airways sounds like what I'm trying to get to - somewhat ironic  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
More improvements last night. The P10's are great, though a little tight on the nostrils.  Im going to try switch the fx headband onto them.

Still a few events there, and id like to see that flow rate even more stable but a good session at the end of week 1.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(Funny about your username.) Once your leaks are mostly below ~24, they're fine unless they wake you up. It's good to hear the P10 seems right for you. Onward!
Post Reply Post Reply
P10 headgear is loosened by spreading the straps.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got it fully spread out already @Sleeprider - and it's still a smidge too tight.  I believe Nick from CPAP Reviews on youtube mentioned that the N30 adjustable strap can be fitted onto the P10 so I'll hopefully manage to Frankenstein that together later this evening.

I'm still having issues with the Somnifix though - the sides are leaking and curling up it's waking me up with some saliva draining out the sides of my mouth.  I've a beard, so was hoping to avoid putting tape on the sides aswell but it seems unavoidable.  Just need to find a tape that doesn't rip a few hairs out every morning ! And need to find a Somnifix supplier as can't seem to get them on Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI coming down nicely, but still struggling with right nostril. ive a spot right at the bottom from a few nights ago that hastnt subsided.
Overall things moving in the right direction but need this damn nostril pain to clear up.
Currently on size S pillows, might switch back up to the M.

Meanwhile the leaks seem to still be a problem. Havent used the somnifix in 3 nights.

Post Reply Post Reply
And here's some trend data

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 250 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,335 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,194 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.