Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
RE: The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
I know it sounds weird, but do consider trying the Scunci headband trick to help with leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
You scared me with the news that Somnifix isn't available on Amazon. I'm relieved to say I just successfully ordered more directly from the Somnifix website. The shipping is free.
Post Reply Post Reply
clearairways,

Congrats, you come along way with great help.

You will get the leak out as well.

Has the bloating gone away?
Post Reply Post Reply
@KeepSmiling,

Thanks - I do feel like Im making progress.  Its a bit like a new pair of shoes that imitially hurts the hell out of your heels !! Bloating hasnt been a major issue since the first few nights thankfully !

@Dormeo: 
Unfortunately they dont ship to my coumtry from the main site.  I had stopped using for a few nights - have tape on the way.  But also the other night just as i was falling asleep, power cut  Bug-eyed
Ive a power station 2 on the way as never want that - so noy taping mouth until I have that setup properly.

Whats the Scunchi headband trick ? Ive got the swift headband on the p10 now and its fully adjustable which is great
Post Reply Post Reply
The headband trick is earlier in the thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
A ha ! I've never actually seen the word Scrunci written before so it didn't register the first time. I see what you mean now - interesting idea, will look at that and see if I can steal one off the wife for a test run !

Pressure Settings:
Looking at my pressure settings - should I leave them where they are at 7/12.8 @ PS 4 for the moment based on the data ?

It has topped out only once at 12.8 each of the past 2 nights, otherwise staying below 12.4.

Meanwhile it seems when it drops down to 11, it jumps back up a bit each time. I know the 11 is limited by the PS4 against the 7, but it does seem to trigger an increase when it get's down that low for some reason

Do the straight line increases at the end of each wave falling over time suggest that 11 is too low ?

I did notice last night though there were some sustained periods at just above 11 before it went back up which was the first time that's happened.

Perhaps 7.5/12.6@PS4 would help ? 

I'm open to being completely wrong on that theory - but find the data access fascinating - it's a highlight of my mornings now !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure only rises in response to minor flow limits and events and unless you find your sleep or comfort disrupted by these minor pressure changes, I don't think you need to make any changes. Your base pressure is 11.0/7.0 and your settings only allow an increase of 1.8 cm. I normally try to encourage users to aim for less than 3-cm of pressure change, but that needs to be based on a proper minimum EPAP pressure; the IPAP max rarely comes into play, and that is the case with you. No changes recommended based on my review.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok - Thanks SleepRider
Post Reply Post Reply
Update as of this morning:

On Leaks: 
They have partially reduced - I need to go back to the Somnifix this evening and see if it eliminates them as there are still periods of leaks that are too long suggesting mouth breathing.

On P10 Comfort:
I've still got a spot on my right nostril, but it's only a day or two away from being gone now. Last night I slightly woke at some point and thought the machine was off as I couldn't really feel it doing anything.  It wasn't off, it was all good - it was remarkable - almost felt natural.

Humidity/Moisture in Tube::
I've been woken up by moisture dropping out of the tube onto my face at various points during the night. This morning I could clearly see moisture drops inside the pipe.  I've a new setup where I hang the tube above my head which has been ergonomically comfortable and I don't have to think about the tube while moving from side to side during the night any more . Very happy with how it works.  But, it's causing a moisture buildup it appears. Last night temp was from 26c (79f) down to 23c (74f) and humidity in the room was in the 45/50% region.  I could do with some help stopping that moisture buildup - photos of the setup in the post below.

Post Reply Post Reply
Photos of current setup - moisture buildup in the tube which drips out through he P10 onto my face sometimes  Bug-eyed

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.