Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
RE: The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
Do you have a heated hose? If so, the solution may be to turn the temperature up a little. If not, try using a fleecy hose cover (aka hose cosy). In a pinch you can use old socks, cutting holes in the toes, and cover the hose with them.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Dormeo: I don't have a heated tube - but I've been considering getting one.  
I just didn't understand what it's value was or wasn't so I held off.  I'll look at getting one as the sock thing seems high maintenance when it comes to cleaning etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was a good solid 7 hour session.

I had the Somnifix back on for first night in about 4 or 5 nights, and had tape on the sides to fix it fully in place.

For some reason, leaks were still at 14% - they all seem to be approx 10 minutes long.

Puzzling as mouth breathing should be minimised with the mouth sealed, and the P10 is pretty snug up the nostrils.

AHI went up a bit to 2.72 - highest in 5 days with a few OA's and CA's spread across the night

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just make sure your machine has the capacity to provide heat. Disclosure: I don't clean my long hose more often than about once every blue moon. With reasonable attention to replacing filters, I just don't see a lot of need. Also, whether it's socks or a hose cover, you just quickly shuck them off before you wash the hose.

I wish I knew where your large leaks were coming from. If your tape is all intact in the morning, the P10 would seem to be the culprit. Would it help to go up or down a size with the pillows? When I used the P10, I found I was more comfortable with Large, but had fewer leaks with Medium. Since my leaks weren't large and didn't bother me, I stuck with Large. But you're having large leaks, which means your machine is having some difficulty compensating for the leakage.
Post Reply Post Reply
No judgement on the cleaning routine - it's tough work !

Currently using Small P10 pillows, and they feel pretty snug but I'll pop the Mediums on and see what happens as I realise it's not about fitting it into the nostril as they seal themselves with the pressure. As Sleeprider said above, the biggest pillows possible the better is a known hack with these.  ( The Large are too large for my nose, so easier to only have 2 to select from).  I do hope it settles as I like the comfort of the P10

Now that my nose isn't so sore and the spot I got from the pillows on the first night have subsided changing them will be straight forward today.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting a lot of moisture inside my tube the past few nights.

I'm not sure what's driving it - Air outside too cold vs air inside, or the other way around.

Humidity is set to 8.

I have also bought a ClimateLine but I'm not fully sure how to set it to not end up with the same results.

AirConditioned room, typically between 22C-26C (72F-79F) during the night. 

Air can feel "cold" in the room due to the aircon, but the room still isn't any colder than 22.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's likely the warmer humidified air in the tube -vs- the cooler air in the room.

Try turning down the humidity level on your machine to 6 and see if you still get rainout.

A hose cover may also help.

If you use the ClimateLine heated hose then you can try setting the hose temp to "Auto" and the humidity to "Auto". The machine will try to adjust itself to prevent rainout. ResMed documents say the auto settings should give you a tube temp of 80F (27C) and 85% relative humidity.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clearairways, I highly recommend a heated tube, and I use the Snuggle Skins fleece tube cover with mine. It covers the tubing from end to end, including the short tube for the P10. This not only avoids condensation, but is really comfortable when it contacts your skin or your face. https://www.amazon.com/Snuggle-Skins-Ins...B007BUOINM
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider -- the product description for the Snuggle Skins hose cover says "not recommended for heated hoses" -- I've used a Respironics brand fleece cover on my ClimateLine hose for years and have never had a problem. Is the Snuggle Skins warning a legitimate concern?

I see the Q&A posts on Amazon suggest the Snuggle Skins regular cover may fit the ClimateLine hose too tightly -- perhaps that's the reason for the manufacturer's warning?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the fleece Snuggle Skins on both my wife's Autoset and my Vauto for the past 6 or more years. Before that, I used similar covers on Philips heated tubing, and I was one of the first adopters of heated tubing in 2009 when I bought the Aussie Heated Tube which had a fleece cover included. Back then no manufacturer offered a heated tube. It has never been a problem, for me or anyone else. This is one warning you can ignore and the cover only makes the tube work better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 171 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.