Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
RE: The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread
(11-06-2022, 05:39 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I know it sounds weird, but do consider trying the Scunci headband trick to help with leaks.

Dormeo,............genius - I did it last night.
Had been having significant issues with leaks the past few nights and didn't believe it was the mask.

Did the Scrunci last night - almost zero leaks !

Will continue to monitor, but it's one hell of a simple solution if it works - thanks !
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, terrific!
Post Reply Post Reply
Im struggling with waking up middle of the night, wide awake and unable to get back to sleep.

Typically after only 4-5 hours sleep.

Its odd .
On some level I feel rested, but ive always been an 8-9 hours sleep guy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Any relevant changes in your life? Food and drink? Their timing? Medications? Stress issues? Amount of exercise? Sunlight?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, nothing major - I'm back in Keto since October but I've done that before this year and this didn't happen and went back on that a few weeks before the CPAP arrived.

The only thing that's going on recently is my wonderful AirCurve 10.

Since I got it, my sleep routine has been somewhat problematic though it settled a bit in the middle of November.

On a positive note, I'm suspect hopefully that it's fixed my Atrial Fibrillation (I'll wait until this time next year to conclude for sure) - it's  been a month since I had an episode from having them at least twice a week before that. Right where I started with the CPAP, that stopped.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2022, 03:50 PM)clearairways Wrote: Im struggling with waking up middle of the night, wide awake and unable to get back to sleep.

Typically after only 4-5 hours sleep.

Its odd .
On some level I feel rested, but ive always been an 8-9 hours sleep guy.

Anyone any insights on what could be going on here ?

Meanwhile, last night I had an 8 hour sleep with an AHI of 0.0 after all of the short sleeps the last few nights.  I understand those 0.0's are rare.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might benefit from keeping a sleep journal, making brief notes for each night about what you did the day before, how the night went, and how you felt the next day. That might help you spot some correlations. It must be frustrating not knowing why your sleep is good some of the time and lousy some of the time.

Yes, 0.0 is rare. Not really something you go chasing after, but kind of nice when it pops up!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my latest update.
Got a chin strap and that's working well it seems.
I'd like to figure out if there's some tweaks I can make to the pressure settings as the flow rate is getting flatter, but still has spikes I'd like to flatten out even more.

I've had 2 nights in the past 4 with 0.00 AHI !

I've got the usual few Central Apnea's at the start as I'm falling asleep.

Also got an O2 ring and have noticed that I appear to be holding my breath sometimes while I change position - causes HR spikes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears you could stand a small increase in minimum pressure, but limit any changes to the .4 or .6 cm range and allow time for the changes to settle in. Your results are excellent, so rather than focusing on data or wave-forms, your priority should be comfort. At this stage of treatment, I think it's often more helpful to just upload data once per week and keep some notes on subjective efficacy without looking at the numbers. Compare notes and see if the data confirms what you are feeling. Seriously, the data will lead you astray and it should never define your therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent advice from Sleeprider!

Keep in mind that you’re doing well. You might try to make time for more sleep if you can. And do give thought to making brief notes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 5 206 2 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 965 4 hours ago
Last Post: dormivi
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 7 166 5 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,631 7 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,620 8 hours ago
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,274 Yesterday, 10:30 PM
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 94 Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.