Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Mask Search Continues...
The Mask Search Continues...
Simplus - Doesn't tolerate rolling or side-sleeping

Amara View - too narrow at the mouth, prone to leaking around nose and corners of the mouth...cannot tolerate more than 13 cm without "liftoff" (tolerates side sleeping and rolling the best)

F30 - largest size presses against nose, wake up in moninge with a very painful nose, not are side/roll friendly at all.

Dream Wear - Doesn't seal around my nose regardless of mask size.

So... for now I'm on the Amara View...will get 5-7 hours...if the machine goes nutsy and shoves 14 cm at me for a leak, then I just pull the mask and go without for the night....because there's no way to maintain a seal so that the machine will back down.
Brian

"I drank WHAT?" - Socrates
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The Mask Search Continues...
I agree with your remarks.

Have you tried the F20? I like both the silicone and memory foam ones, although I prefer the memory foam as it stays sealed for me throughout the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The Mask Search Continues...
Hi!

Have you tried any masks that aren't full face?  A friend of mine had a similar problem and was a mouth breather but tried out a nasal mask and had great success. She learned to breathe through her nose after a few nights. All of the air rushing out tends to wake you and makes you close. 

Best of luck, my friend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 333 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 645 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 516 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,623 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  continuing search for the best mask megabill 13 1,039 03-20-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: DaveCar
  In search of feed back of initial BiPAP results nrelaz 1 456 09-29-2022, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,281 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.