Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Noise Question Again......
RE: The Noise Question Again......
This is kind of an old post, but now that I know to keep the water tank seal dry and clean I have not had another problem with noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yikes. That's EXACTLY what my machine sounds like. You mean there not supposed to be that loud? Hmm... maybe I need to get a replacement?

(10-27-2015, 12:01 PM)Doctor Wrote: My A10 was very noisy with each and every inspiration. Darth Vader.

It was a new A10 and everything was in perfect order. Because I didn't need wireless, and because of the issue with the seals on the humidifier, and because of this noise, I purchased another super-quiet and faithful S9.

I would never sleep hearing this noise from the back of the A10 with every inspiration: http://picosong.com/6q7p/

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I checked the seals and I think one was off - the high pitched noise went away for now. Hope it doesn't come back, but from what I heard above ^^^, mine might be too noisy anyway.

Funny I already did as you said, got a ruberized liner normally used to quiet a printer, cut it to size and it now lines the bottom of the cabinet where the unit now sits. Great minds think alike! Smile

(10-27-2015, 09:06 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Ailu,
Is it possible that your machine is being bounced around a little while you are traveling.

Not saying that's the case, but even small bumps can cause some seals or some other part to come loose.

Make sure your machine is secure in your cabinet. You can place a rubberized shelf liner under it or a towel to absorb any bumps while on the road.

Also, check to see if your filters are seated properly.

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2015, 08:45 PM)Ailu Wrote: Yikes. That's EXACTLY what my machine sounds like. You mean there not supposed to be that loud? Hmm... maybe I need to get a replacement?

(10-27-2015, 12:01 PM)Doctor Wrote: My A10 was very noisy with each and every inspiration. Darth Vader.

It was a new A10 and everything was in perfect order. Because I didn't need wireless, and because of the issue with the seals on the humidifier, and because of this noise, I purchased another super-quiet and faithful S9.

I would never sleep hearing this noise from the back of the A10 with every inspiration: http://picosong.com/6q7p/

I'm on my 4th (really) Airsense 10 due to heated hose/humidifier issues causing water spraying like a garden hose on my face (rainout x 100). Also the noise like a dying coyote. The noise can usually be stopped by when you have the water tub almost in, then Shove it in really hard. The water hose issue will probably be solved by a big fight on Monday and getting a refund. I tried this machine twice when they came out, waited a few months and then tried again 3 weeks ago, with another replacement a week ago. I'm done......Back to the reliable and no rainout and no noise S9. Large and not very attractive, but it is a great machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
To answer your first questions, insurance did not allowed me to change DME. Existing one gave me a loaner that smelled so horrific I could not use it. My doctor wanted me to switch DME's but insurance had the last say so.

I have the same machine as before. However, I have discovered that it is the humidifier making the noise from not seating completely. There is no way to make it fit tight enough that the top portion is latched to the bottom tight enough. I have found that wetting the gasket, seals of both the humidifier and unit -sometimes- help. My Dentist's wife suggested this which worked for her machine. Tying a Velcro strip or rubber band around the humidifier helped the most to get the upper and lower portion tight, And, wearing Neon Yellow ear plugs.

It is the humidifier making the squealing noises. Never know if it is going to be quiet when I turn it on, or if I will have to fuss with it. But, the machine motor noises I cannot do anything about.

Not a great solution, but what I have right now. I am saving up to get a S9.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,256 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 593 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 344 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.