Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

Sex: Male

RE: The Pet Zone - pics, stories, silliness
I've read that, but took it to mean that it's OK since my photos are hosted elsewhere. On one hand you say "prohibited", but the next words are "As an alternative..." - so, it's not prohibited if they are hosted elsewhere?

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
03-09-2014 11:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(03-09-2014 11:42 PM)Peter_C Wrote:  I've read that, but took it to mean that it's OK since my photos are hosted elsewhere. On one hand you say "prohibited", but the next words are "As an alternative..." - so, it's not prohibited if they are hosted elsewhere?

Hi Peter, you are correct: that is okay. Please re-read the quoted part below - there are two complete sentences, each talking about something different.

The first sentence is talking about post attachments, not images hosted elsewhere. Attachments are where you upload the file itself to Apnea Board when you make a post.

The second sentence is talking about embedding a non-apnea related image file that is hosted off Apnea Board (not a post attachment).

Inserting or embedding an image into your post from another website is not the same as a file or image attachment.

Quote: In addition, in order to conserve bandwidth and server storage space, file and picture attachments (post uploads) that are not related to sleep apnea are prohibited. As an alternative, you may post a link to a file or embed a picture within your post, as long as it is hosted on your own website or on an off-site image hosting service. (for directions on how to do that, click here).

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

03-10-2014 10:39 AM
Peter_C Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: System One DS960HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

I just was sure if you were 'gently smacking' me, or/and I was reading it wrong and not following the rules...

Just a little paranoid on my part. I honestly did read the stickies before starting this thread.

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
03-10-2014 11:56 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(03-10-2014 11:56 AM)Peter_C Wrote:  I just was sure if you were 'gently smacking' me, or/and I was reading it wrong and not following the rules...

I never gently smack anyone. If I smack you, it will be painful, and you'll know it. Bigwink Too-funny

And you didn't do anything worthy of a smack anyway. Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

03-10-2014 12:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Gross Ghost Stories SabrinaFaire 9 2,514 11-10-2013 07:39 PM
Last Post: me50