Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Check in again!
Rainbow 
Check in again!
Hello everyone!

For someone who was woefully unhappy having to do a sleep study, and beyond angry at everything CPAP, I'm eating a big hot plate of crow pie. lol..

From March to September, everything was fine! AHI below 1 for almost all my nights using the machine. I used the machine every night.

Then my insurance changed, and my old DME does not accept my new insurance. FML. I had to hand over my machine! If I kept it over one more day than they wanted it, the DME would bill me.

So September 1st the machine went back. I wasn't given much lead time to find another DME.

Now, the place was good about giving me all my paperwork and prescription. The next issue was finding a DME that didn't treat people like downer cattle at a slaughter house.

The first one was out of a big deal hospital. The desk help had no f*cks to give. Totally unhelpful. Told me it would be at least 3 weeks (WTH?) before I could even schedule an appointment. Then the RT said that wasn't true.

Well, by the second week, and not hearing SQUAT, I called. Desk drone told me the paper work hadn't even been looked at Angry

Murderous is an understatement. I told them to chuck my stuff into the trash, and I would look elsewhere. Desk drone didn't care.

I did find a decent DME, but them my doctor's office was totally unhelpful. Somehow, they thought I was not compliant (more WTF!). When the DME asked for a new prescription, the sleep study desk drones just flagged my chart.

10 days passed. I called the sleep lab three times, the DME called them once, then I called one last time on Monday. Got a person who had a functional brain, and asked WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? I didn't shout or be a creep, but I wanted to.

The nice woman faxed the prescription over to the DME. Got a call yesterday to come get my machine an Air Sense 10 with all the bells and whistle.

The crud part is...the prescription was based off of my original sleep study which was an utter train wreck. The pressure was adjusted afterwards, but that wasn't reflected in the new script. The DME guy had to set everything according to the orders (I get that). Thanks to this board, I got instructions how to get into the clinician mode Thanks, and fine tuned everything like I had previously.

I do need this blasted machine. A month with no machine has taught me that. I lasted okay up until week three, then the quality of my sleep went to hell. The last two days I've been a walking zombie. I'm so brain dead, it is almost painful.

I've lost ten pounds, but the doctors don't believe I will ever be able to really get off the machine. My nose, sinuses and upper airway at a hot mess. I started Xolair injections for my asthma and allergies, which have been off the charts all summer.

Thanks for all who have read this far. I've been lurking and learning.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Check in again!
Thanks for the update and congrats on the new machine
AirSense 10 AutoSet is awesome machine

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Tawaki,
Good that you've been lurking and learning. Let us know of your progress.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tawaki,
It’s good to hear from you again.
Wow, you have been through a lot.
Good luck to you with your new machine and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 174 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,420 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Question 24 years old, Central Sleep Apnea only. Check out my OSCAR data? FL00D 4 1,029 10-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 401 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Using a CPAP to check sleep apnea Pierrec83 2 401 09-09-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: jwest
Wink Check these numbers out! Daveman 2 517 06-08-2023, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Daveman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.