Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The ResMed S9 Humidity setting at 86 degrees with humidity set at 6.0
The ResMed S9 Humidity setting at 86 degrees with humidity set at 6.0
Hello. I have a ResMed VPAP S9 AUTO SET! I use the ClimateLine circuit. I have the temperature set at 86 degrees and the humidity set at 6.0 with a full face mask! I heard that it defaults to only 80% Humidity however, what might the humidity level be with the temperature and humidity settings that I am currently using?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The ResMed S9 Humidity setting at 86 degrees with humidity set at 6.0
I have no idea, but good luck with your therapy.myopefully this post will bump it to the top, so someone with the answer can chime in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 05:37 PM)truetopath Wrote: I have no idea, but good luck with your therapy.myopefully this post will bump it to the top, so someone with the answer can chime in.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the reply. I am so happy that you were willing to reply to get my post to the top! We need more people like you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the DME or Resmed themselves can answer that. I don't know how what it would correspond to. I keep mine at 3 and no heat (room is 73 F).
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow - I've never heard of anyone using settings that high for temp & humidiity. Those setting sound like late summer in Houston or New Orleans.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. You might sprout gills though.

I lived through several Houston summers. I sprouted gills under my arms after a few of those summers (the gills slowly went away after moving to a more normal climate.)

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe that the tropical rainforest setting. Retired-Guy would know, being from the Cascadia region.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't know that there was any normal climate in Texas.

It is the only place that I have ever been that can be really nice weather and then 2 hours later, everything is shutting down because snow is on the ground. Then, here comes tornadoes, then hurricanes. lol

Never a boring moment I am guessing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 08:56 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Wow - I've never heard of anyone using settings that high for temp & humidiity. Those setting sound like late summer in Houston or New Orleans.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. You might sprout gills though.

I lived through several Houston summers. I sprouted gills under my arms after a few of those summers (the gills slowly went away after moving to a more normal climate.)

OMMOHY

Yeahhh, it is not that hot, but the reason I use those settings, is because of the way my airway passages are so small, and also I do not have the hair like substances in my nose that are needed for Humidifying the airway passages, and not only that, secretions, "VERY THICK,) secretions build up, and being that I also have a Neuromuscular disorder that was recently diagnoses and that is progressive, I have trouble coughing. I use a suction machine to help to clear those passages which are smaller than a newborn baby's nostrils. My secretions are very thick, and when they occlude my airway, its like sufficating. I've aspirated numerous times on those. So, I have to keep my nose humidified as much as possible. 86 degrees for temperature, and a humidity of 6.0 is what it takes, and even then, occasionally I still get dry, but it is Thanks to the ClimateLine circuit, I'm doing as well as I am doing.

It is really a blessing. Otherwise, if I did not have that, and just used the ResMed's humidifier without the additional ClimateLine, well I've had to do it from the time I first got the VPAP until I received the ClimateLine heated wire circuit. I got the VPAP the day before, and that next morning, I woke up feeling just horrible. JUST HORRIBLE. I ended up ordering a ClimateLine circuit that morning, less than 24 hours after receiving the VPAP machine. I then had to wait for a little bit over two weeks before I actually got the heated wire circuit. It was during that time, I had a room humidifier in my room turned up maximum settings, my room felt damp, but It still only did a halfway decent job of humidifying my nose and plus the VPAP humidifier was set at 6.0 and I still got dry. When I got the ClimateLine, I immediately without even attempting lower temperatures, maxed out the Temperature at 86 degrees, with the Humidity set at 6.0 and I knew within five minutes of being on the VPAP this is what God invented Heated Wire circuits for. I profusely thanked him, and It is because of this circuit, I'm doing so well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know everybody's needs are different. I'm glad it is working for you.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I'm a mouth breather, and need more humidity, so I have mine set to 6.0 and the tube at 29c. I tried the manual settings and it was not working well, so changed the climatline tubing setting to automatic and I have noticed a great improvement without the rainout. I am noticing the colder the room, the less humidity I think i'll neet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 159 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,201 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,164 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 386 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.