Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The ResMed Spotlight -- Thanks Guys! (Not)
RE: The ResMed Spotlight -- Thanks Guys! (Not)
(02-18-2014, 08:51 AM)PollCat Wrote: Whoa! You mean there's a light that comes on when you remove your mask in the middle of the night?!?!? Huh Strange, I've never seen this supposed bright light because my machine sits under my bed! BananaBananaBanana

Hope it isn't directly on your floor especially in the winter. I couldn't handle the winter your state is having! I would need a lot of CoffeeCoffeeCoffeeCoffeeCoffeeCoffee!
You can't just close your eyes? That's what I do.
"Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections." ~Unknown
Tabbycat: Is this really the thread where you responded to *MY* post with a request for more info? (Asked in a private message.)

I don't see such a question and my post doesn't even seem to be the type where more info would be requested (I just want a HIGH CONTRAST display with minimal highly contrasting colors and the highest resolution availabl, largest lettering etc. so I can read it during the night without glasses and while half awake and from odd angles.)

As to the problem: Why not the obvious? Get some heavy, black construction paper (or similar) and build a little cover that can be flipped back easily to view the screen and/or humidifier chamber. Tape on.

Start the machine, view what you need, and flip it (or them) closed.

There is no significant heat being expelled in those areas so it should cause no problem to do this but test just a little to make sure.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
First World Problems!

A few years back before they released the S9 I participated in Resmed's face-to-face research aka Focus Groups. They invited a group of CPAP users of all ages and both male/female to tell them all about their experiences with masks and machines, what was liked and what was hated.

Now lemme tell you that this nightlight thingy you speak of was requested by us, and so it was incorporated into the S9. We wanted a light to come on at night when we took the mask off so we could navigate the bedroom without disturbing our partner by having to switch on a bedside lamp.So blame a bunch of seasoned Resmed users here in Sydney.

It has been fine tuned in the Airsense 10 and there is no longer a separate humidifier glow, just a light from the dial.

And by the way, how the hell do you get light in your face when the screen is horizontal and faces the ceiling???????????????
Everyone can't be pleased. There were those who didn't like the guillotine but it had many more fans than enemies. Of course those who didn't like it never complained after using it only one time.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
This thread is closed. No reason to necro a thread last discussed back in February only to fan some flames.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 725 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 715 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 978 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 745 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,298 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM
  Hey Guys, Help Tweaking machine Justbreath 25 3,192 06-05-2019, 06:21 PM
  Do you guys unplug your CPAP after it cools down? vroomvroom 13 4,357 04-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: ardenum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.