Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask

I just recently decided to try  the Respironics Wisp Nasal mask and I like it very much.  It is a low-profile framed mask, much like the Resmed Swift LT, accept it is a nasal mask rather than nasal pillows.
You can choose between a cloth frame and a silicon frame.
I chose the silicon frame instead of the cloth frame and I'm glad I did, as it is such a low-profile frame and the silicon has tackiness,, thus staying in place better.
It also comes with three, (3,) sizes of cushions, petite, small/medium and large.
I give this mask 4 stars because of one slight weekness.  Since the frame is so slight, my one concern is at the point where the headgear clips fascen into the frame.  Hopefully, as time goes on, they will improve upon what I consider to be the  week point of this mask.
There is  my review of the Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
I have also used the Wisp nasal mask. I have had the opportunity to use both the fabric as well as the silicone mask framed mask.

Personally, I think the fabric framed mask is more comfortable because I find the silicone to be sweat against my face.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cbramsey,
I know what you mean about the silicon sweating against your face, since the frame is so narrow, I don't have too much of a problem with that. I found that when I was using the swift LT, (which has a cloth frame,,) it didn't stay in place.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Trish,

It was not affecting the performance of the mask. It just feels like it is sweating and is not as comfortable to me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh sure, I understood what you meant.
Everybody is different.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2013, 07:23 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: 4

I just recently decided to try the Respironics Wisp Nasal mask and I like it very much. It is a low-profile framed mask, much like the Resmed Swift LT, accept it is a nasal mask rather than nasal pillows.
I chose the silicon frame instead of the cloth frame and I'm glad I did, as it is such a low-profile frame and the silicon has tackiness,, thus staying in place better.
It also comes with three, (3,) sizes of cushions, petite, small/medium and large.
I give this mask 4 stars because of one slight weekness. Since the frame is so slight, my one concern is at the point where the headgear clips fascen into the frame. Hopefully, as time goes on, they will improve upon what I consider to be the week point of this mask.
There is my review of the Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask.

Trish,

So now that you've had it for over a month, how has the WISP been for you? I'm getting fitted for it next week and I'm looking forward to it. I've had the ResMed Mirage FX which is similar, but not as sleek and has some leakage issues as i am a side sleeper. An update would be great if you can. I am supposed to have the fabric frame because that's the only one that is in the package at this time.

Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2013, 09:24 PM)John J Wrote:

I just recently decided to try the Respironics Wisp Nasal mask and I like it very much. It is a low-profile framed mask, much like the Resmed Swift LT, accept it is a nasal mask rather than nasal pillows.
I give this mask 4 stars because of one slight weekness. Since the frame is so slight, my one concern is at the point where the headgear clips fascen into the frame. Hopefully, as time goes on, they will improve upon what I consider to be the week point of this mask.

Trish,

So now that you've had it for over a month, how has the WISP been for you? I'm getting fitted for it next week and I'm looking forward to it. I've had the ResMed Mirage FX which is similar, but not as sleek and has some leakage issues as i am a side sleeper. An update would be great if you can. I am supposed to have the fabric frame because that's the only one that is in the package at this time.

Thanks Thanks

Personally, I found the fabric frame more comfortable. There have been instances of the fabric frame failing. Something about "bad lots" bring shipped.

There are some members who have had issues with leakage with the Wisp. Your mileage may vary. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2013, 09:24 PM)John J Wrote:

Trish,

Thanks Thanks

Hi John,
I am having GREAT success with the Wisp mask. To date, I'm not having any problems with anything breaking,(shh shh shh.) I don't have to do nearly as much adjusting as I have had to do with other masks.
The reason I chose the silicon frame is because I have tried other similar masks and the cloth frames always slid out of place, of course, YMMV on all of this.
I hope you have success when you try the Wisp.
I hope this update helps.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I regularly use the Activa LT as I find I can get the leaks down to virtually zero as I am a side sleeper who moves around a lot. I use the Wisp as a change of pace - when I want something different - like once a week or every other week and will tolerate some leakage. But I can say the Wisp is very comfortable and very light and I'd recommend to anyone looking for a very lightweight nasal mask. I got the silicon frame (probably cos I didn't specify which one I wanted) but its holding up so far. What I do is slip the mask off of my face - I never undo the straps - and this seems to work ok.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2013, 06:31 PM)GaryG Wrote: I regularly use the Activa LT as I find I can get the leaks down to virtually zero as I am a side sleeper who moves around a lot. I use the Wisp as a change of pace - when I want something different - like once a week or every other week and will tolerate some leakage. But I can say the Wisp is very comfortable and very light and I'd recommend to anyone looking for a very lightweight nasal mask. I got the silicon frame (probably cos I didn't specify which one I wanted) but its holding up so far. What I do is slip the mask off of my face - I never undo the straps - and this seems to work ok.

Yeah, I slip the mask over my head and don't undo the clips and that works good for me.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 44 24,449 01-22-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,147 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 52 58,828 01-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,849 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 12,647 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Product Review] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 56 61,118 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask FLsleeper7 10 7,662 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: hmonnier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.