Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
RE: The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
Cisbrane, how about trying the new Dreamwisp mask?  You can get a large insert for the top arc of the mask frame, which would give extra room where you say you seem to need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The large headgear has an L on the inside of the wide back strap. It was also a special order for my DME. I pretty well had to beat them over the head to convince them it even existed. Now they say they will keep one in stock for me...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just posted a review of the DreamWisp. For people who have struggled with the Wisp, I think this could be what they are looking for.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the best mask for me. I get the lowest AHI, and got my CA numbers down with this mask as well. It feels like it has the best air flow for sleeping. I get absolutely no leaks due to much better cushion design than the N20. For me, N20 leaks on the top of the cushion.

Even if it's the best working mask for me, I have dislikes:

The round portion of the headgear that goes on the back-top of the head is too tight. I don't like the frame section on the side, it's uncomfortable for side-sleeping. Also, the magnetic bracket that goes on the frame is too intrusive when side sleeping. I took out the magnetic bracket and just slide in the strap through the hole (that helps with comfort).

I'm hoping for a good nasal cushion design that has the same level of air flow as the Wisp, and with the similar minimal strap design of the N30. N30 pushes too much air so it doesn't work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Something I recently discovered when it comes to leaks:

It's best for hose not be hanging sideways that the weight of it can pull the side of the cushion upward. This force will pull the cushion on the side and cause leakage. What I do is, direct the hose toward the top of the pillow.

Now I'm considering giving N20 another go with this knowledge because I had issues with leakage on the side of the cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to Wisp from DreamWisp because I'm at fixed CPAP pressure with my machine now. It's worth trying out failed masks to see if they work better with fixed pressure setting, and Wisp is definitely worth it!

I'm getting the best therapy with Wisp mask and fixed pressure. Longer sleep. Greater sleep drive. Lowest consistent CA, and thus, lowest AHI. In my case, fixed pressure helps reduce CA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 44 24,448 01-22-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,147 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 52 58,827 01-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,848 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 12,645 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Product Review] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 56 61,116 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask FLsleeper7 10 7,662 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: hmonnier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.