Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
Having said all that, it seems the mask cushion is not particularly durable. The elasticity seem to wear out quickly, and the cushions need to be replaced every 2 to 3 weeks to maintain a good seal. Not a problem if your insurance covers this, and mine will, after the 90 day compliance period. I went back to a Large last night after 2+ weeks on an XL size, and my AHI was WAY down. Nose is a little itchy today, tho. I still consider this mask my first choice.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used this mask for a year and a half and my cushions could last more than 2-3 weeks but for health reasons and sanitary reasons I change them every 2 weeks/twice per month. I don't need any more to deal with so I do it to protect my health. I really like this mask and it is my first choice also.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting 3 weeks out of my cushions and about 6 months out of the frames. I'm an active sleeper, though, and this mask really stays put well for me. My first choice for sure. Occasionally, it does cause a sore or a zit on the bridge of my nose, so I switch to the Nuance for a few days, and all is well. For me, this one is a great mask.

I'm back to the XL size cushion permanently, I think, and my AHI for the past year is now slightly under 1.00 according to SleepyHead. Not bad, coming from an untreated AHI of 67!

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

I've been switching between 2 nasal cushions since March this year. I boiled one and it was good for a week or so, thereafter it started leaking again. So I stopped using it and refrain from boiling the other (newer) one to see how far it goes. I still managed to use it with little leaks. Side-by-side, I note the unboiled cushion has a stronger more distinct nose shape. Not sure if it was originally like that but there is a difference.

Still using the same frame and head bands.

lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants.... 
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure in the above chart didn't go past 10 H2O though. I have nights where it hits 12.5 H2O but still flat at those sections.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants.... 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respironics "Amara View" Full Face Mask JudgeMental 21 5,089 12-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 32 17,995 11-17-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: beet
Thumbsup Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 49 24,955 11-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Gross Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask zimlich 10 7,017 09-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Dawei
  F&P Eson Nasal Mask RoRo 20 13,842 06-02-2016, 02:00 AM
Last Post: JamesW
  Resmed Activa LT Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 13 8,754 02-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Mr Nifty
  Fisher Paykel Zest Nasal Mask MobileBasset 5 2,017 08-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Last Post: 49er