Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

all numbers ??
RE: all numbers ??
Welcome olmate, it is only your first night but your AHI is too high, it needs to be as low as possible but below 5.
Check your AHI over the next few days it may just take take time to come down or you are getting leaks probably by opening your mouth.
09:23 - is how long you used it, not how long you slept
95% Pressure 12.26 - 95% of the time your pressure was below 12.26
Average Leaks 2.73 - Your leaks average rate was2 .73, this is good it need to be below 24
95% Leaks 12.00 - 95% of the time it was below 12.00
Your CPAP pressure will be more than 9.8, your high and low pressures are in the stats in Sleepyhead

Hope this helps, it's not too bad for your first night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 12:40 AM)Tez62 Wrote: Welcome olmate, it is only your first night but your AHI is too high, it needs to be as low as possible but below 5.
Check your AHI over the next few days it may just take take time to come down or you are getting leaks probably by opening your mouth.
09:23 - is how long you used it, not how long you slept
95% Pressure 12.26 - 95% of the time your pressure was below 12.26
Average Leaks 2.73 - Your leaks average rate was2 .73, this is good it need to be below 24
95% Leaks 12.00 - 95% of the time it was below 12.00
Your CPAP pressure will be more than 9.8, your high and low pressures are in the stats in Sleepyhead

Hope this helps, it's not too bad for your first night.

Thank you very much Tez62
I can now look at the figures with a bit more understanding
Thank youThanksThanks

Post Reply Post Reply
It takes time, below are some links to Youtube videos that may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuAnzBVWYD4 Link to Sleepyhead Youtube Video part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmhXkmeJDIM Link to Sleepyhead Youtube Video part 2
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 12:25 AM)olmate Wrote: Hello All

Sorry to butt in but i didn't want to start another thread
I am hoping you can tell me what all this means
They are the numbers for my first night on the machine

AHI 9.58
Hours per Night 09:23
Average Pressure 9.68
95% Pressure 12.26
Average Leaks 2.73
95% Leaks 12.00

Thank You
Hi olmate, welcome aboard
Congrats, first night and using the machine over 9 hours and mask fit excellent
95th percentile means leak or pressure was at or below this number for 95% of the time (sometimes the below part get overlooked)

AHI is sum of obstructive/central apnea and hypopnea per hour
The software display duration of apnea in seconds, apnea/hypopnea has to last 10 seconds or more to be scored
S9 AutoSet/Elite shows category of apnea events separately
Its not uncommon to see elevated AHI at the start and goes down as we adjust to the the treatment. I would not worry about numbers at this stage, machine cannot tell whether you,re asleep or awake while scoring an apnea/hypopnea

User profile ... CPAP pressure refer to machine setting, mine 9-14
minimum pressure set @9 and maximum pressure set @14

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot Guys
I haven't got time at the moment to get right into the inns and outs so your help had been great
Ill have a look at the videos when i get a chance

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi olmate,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 06:38 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi olmate,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

Thank you so much trish6hundred
Iv just had my second night with the machine and must say Im not feeling like a a bundle of energy.Last nights stats

AHI 6.40
Hours per Night 09:41
Average Pressure 9.76
95% Pressure 12.38
Average Leaks 0.82
95% Leaks 4.80

I noticed i have gone from 90 events to 62 events after 1 night
My brain might be starting to work Dielaughing

Thank you for your welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are improved numbers from your first night. Good job that. Just keep doing what you've been doing for now and keep us posted with your results. So far they look good! You won't necessarily feel like a bundle of energy right away, there's a lot of healing going on. Just know you're doing the right thing for your body.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi olmate, CPAP takes some getting use to, just hang with it; it does get better, it sounds like you are off to a fairly good start.
Feel free to post any time you need to, to help you understand the therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 334 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 564 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 963 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 504 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 528 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right am97 6 764 07-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Are the machine AHI numbers accurate? 92 to 2 seems too good to be true? apoleary 5 662 06-27-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.