Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The S9's here and I love it!
RE: The S9's here and I love it!
(02-20-2014, 04:29 PM)Gabby Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 03:09 PM)ThatOtherGuy Wrote: Okay I did check the temps this morning using my infrared thermometer and found the following.

The heater element in the humidifier was spot on 27*.

The base of the water chamber was around 28*.

The climate line hose was also around 28* measured closer to the mask end.

As far as ambient temperature, it was 26* in the house and around the same outside.

To touch the hose did feel cool, but I expect that given the results as normal body temperature should be around 37* give or take.

Hope this helps with your endeavours and offers a little peace of mind that things are progressing.
Cheers TOG, I appreciate you taking the time and effort. It just makes it hard when you are batting blind. At least I know now all equipment is as it should be.
Another hot one.

LOL, no worries, just have to apologise to ThatOtherGirl, she got a bit pissy with my playing around when it was her day to sleep in. Grin

Yep another hot one and we got friends/family coming up from Melbourne where they have been using heaters. Told them to only pack one pair of long pants for when they go home. Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2014, 04:42 PM)Gabby Wrote: I had a shocking nights sleep with a terrible nightmare thrown in. It showed, with my AHI'S being up to 7.5 last night where as other nights they have been around 2.5.
Since starting CPAP, no longer having bad dreams and don,t miss them. REM sleep is frequently associated with dreaming and more apnea events occurring at that time, avoiding sleeping on your back might helps as the machine is not autoset to compensate. I would look into turning off EPR, EPR at level 3 drop pressure at exhale by 3 but as your pressure set at 6 ... exhale pressure only drop to 4 even you set EPR at level 3 as pressure does not drop below 4. Ideally the rented machine ought been an autoset

Whats are AHI breakdown category of events (obstructive, centrals, hypopnea), shown on screen sleep report

The software will show you the the timing of apnea events, duration of each event in seconds and whether apnea events are spread through the night or/and some in clusters

As for humidity, its important to make changes if any needed, based on your experience, not someone else experience ... everyone is different

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2014, 04:58 PM)ThatOtherGuy Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 04:29 PM)Gabby Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 03:09 PM)ThatOtherGuy Wrote: Okay I did check the temps this morning using my infrared thermometer and found the following.

The heater element in the humidifier was spot on 27*.

The base of the water chamber was around 28*.

The climate line hose was also around 28* measured closer to the mask end.

As far as ambient temperature, it was 26* in the house and around the same outside.

To touch the hose did feel cool, but I expect that given the results as normal body temperature should be around 37* give or take.

Hope this helps with your endeavours and offers a little peace of mind that things are progressing.
Cheers TOG, I appreciate you taking the time and effort. It just makes it hard when you are batting blind. At least I know now all equipment is as it should be.
Another hot one.

LOL, no worries, just have to apologise to ThatOtherGirl, she got a bit pissy with my playing around when it was her day to sleep in. Grin

Yep another hot one and we got friends/family coming up from Melbourne where they have been using heaters. Told them to only pack one pair of long pants for when they go home. Dielaughing

Thanks TOG, meaning to tell you, since I put the heat up it has solved a couple of problems I had been happening, so cheers.
Sorry you had to disturb 'the missus', please pass on my apologies but tell her it was all worth it.
Thank goodness for a bit of cool weather.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 07:19 PM)Gabby Wrote: ...

Thanks TOG, meaning to tell you, since I put the heat up it has solved a couple of problems I had been happening, so cheers.
Sorry you had to disturb 'the missus', please pass on my apologies but tell her it was all worth it.
Its Okay TOGirl is all cool and yes thankfully the weather is cooler now, though the southerners still thought it was hot. Rolleyes

Glad to hear you've solved a few more issues as well, day by day it will get better. I actually had an enormous weekend of drinking (daughter's 21st birthday celebrations) and came out of it completely unscathed. Just a little tired which is not surprising given I still got up at 5:30 each morning after getting to bed around midnight each night.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 10:32 PM)ThatOtherGuy Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 07:19 PM)Gabby Wrote: ...

Its Okay TOGirl is all cool and yes thankfully the weather is cooler now, though the southerners still thought it was hot. Rolleyes

Glad to hear you've solved a few more issues as well, day by day it will get better. I actually had an enormous weekend of drinking (daughter's 21st birthday celebrations) and came out of it completely unscathed. Just a little tired which is not surprising given I still got up at 5:30 each morning after getting to bed around midnight each night.
Congratulations on daughter's 21st!
One thing I have been noticing, I am rising about an hour or more earlier than I used to. Little changes here and there but still day time tiredness, which is maybe due to getting up earlier.
Anyway, one day at a time.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 238 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 515 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 367 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 4,918 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,130 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
Arrow Would love some feedback on OSCAR data esaulcatnas 3 504 08-31-2023, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  I'd love a review of my data and/or advice, esp. re. waking up at night danielsomers 6 773 04-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Last Post: danielsomers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.