Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The S9's here and I love it!
The S9's here and I love it!
Hi all, my S9 Elite arrived yesterday and I hooked it up to my humidifier. I did like the look of that smiley face and the glum one.
This time I received books, the works. It was great. Put the mask on at bed time and a big green smile looked right back at me.
I could hardly hear it compared to the S8, or feel it, it was wonderful. I only went to the bathroom twice last night and both times that green man smiled right back at me again.
My mouth was dry throughout the night and this morning, I had the humidifier set on 17 degrees. Is that enough. Our weather is very warm here at the moment but to tell you the truth it didn't really feel any different to the S8 without the humidifier, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway when I got up I fiddled with the dials and these are the stats I came up with:

CPAP PRESSURE. 6

AHI 2.42

LEAKS. 1.98

HOURS SLEEP. 7.01

95% Leaks 6

PR.Rel. Epr x 3

FL 0.00

Now all I know about from that lot is my AHI and my leaks, and going from what I have learnt on this forum I think they are pretty damn good, am I right?
I hope so.
I don't know what the other things are.
I have been so happy all day. So much more happy than the last five days, I feel I can cope now.
Thanks everyone for putting up with me while I have been miserable on the S8, you have all been great. I wish I could invite you all around for a barbecue to show my appreciation for all the help everyone has given me, not only this last week but since I first started here. It's been a long haul but at long last I am finally using a cpap machine.

One of the best things is I have finally been able to write the type of equipment I use on the left side of the page.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The S9's here and I love it!
Gabby, well done, your numbers look good, I have mine around 20c but it's a personal thing, try it higher and see how you go, it's trial and error unfortunately
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Gabby. It's great to here you're so pleased. As Tez suggests, you might want to increase your pressure a bit just to see how you do. Your Ahi is in the acceptable range, so now it's just a matter of keeping it happy.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 01:19 AM)Tez62 Wrote: Gabby, well done, your numbers look good, I have mine around 20c but it's a personal thing, try it higher and see how you go, it's trial and error unfortunately
Tez, thanks, I am so relieved after the dreadful S8. It's all forward now. I know I will have good days and bad days or I should say nights, but I have seen what a good one is like now so it's given me something to strive for.
I'll bung her up tonight.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not far from you and I have my temp at 27*, the initial setting was 25* as recommended to me. I reckon you could try higher without too much drama.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 02:30 AM)ThatOtherGuy Wrote: I'm not far from you and I have my temp at 27*, the initial setting was 25* as recommended to me. I reckon you could try higher without too much drama.

Thanks very much, great bit of advice, I will set it for 27 tonight. I didn't know with the warmer weather if you would have it higher or lower, cheers.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 01:33 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Good job Gabby. It's great to here you're so pleased. As Tez suggests, you might want to increase your pressure a bit just to see how you do. Your Ahi is in the acceptable range, so now it's just a matter of keeping it happy.

Have a guess what RG, I am really feeling that 'The mask and I are one!'
All going well so far. In fact looking forward to bed tonight. I've been tired today but haven't had a snooze, so looking forward to a good sleep tonight.
One day at a time.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 02:58 AM)Gabby Wrote: .....
One day at a time.
Best advice ever.Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Gabby - congratulations! It sounds like it's all coming good for you.

The humidifier temperature is way too low at 17C - you're probably not getting any water vapour at all. I'd try somewhere in the 25 - 30 range. Do you have the Climateline hose? If so you just adjust the temperature. If you have the non-heated hose you can adjust both the temperature and the humidity level. The Climateline hose has electrical contacts in the end you attach to the humidifier - you need to rotate it into place. The non-heated hose just pushes on.

Keep up the good work - one day at a time. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 05:33 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Gabby - congratulations! It sounds like it's all coming good for you.

The humidifier temperature is way too low at 17C - you're probably not getting any water vapour at all. I'd try somewhere in the 25 - 30 range. Do you have the Climateline hose? If so you just adjust the temperature. If you have the non-heated hose you can adjust both the temperature and the humidity level. The Climateline hose has electrical contacts in the end you attach to the humidifier - you need to rotate it into place. The non-heated hose just pushes on.

Keep up the good work - one day at a time. Smile
Thanks Paul, yes I am in much better spirits today thank goodness.
I do have the climateline hose and I have the humidifier all set for 27 tonight so I will see how I go with that and take it from there.
I think last week as well as being upset about the S8 I was a bit overwhelmed by the whole idea of cpap and wearing the mask, knowing that this was how it was going to be for the rest of my life. But it's a new machine a new week and a new me!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 238 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 515 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 367 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 4,918 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,130 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
Arrow Would love some feedback on OSCAR data esaulcatnas 3 504 08-31-2023, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  I'd love a review of my data and/or advice, esp. re. waking up at night danielsomers 6 773 04-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Last Post: danielsomers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.