Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Simplus gave me a full-face hickey and other mask indignities
RE: The Simplus gave me a full-face hickey and other mask indignities
(10-25-2017, 10:01 AM)HalfAsleep Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 11:35 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: From what I have read, the Sleep Weaver mask, )made by Circadiance,) has an 18inch long hose )Feather-weight Tubing,)that fits between  the mas and the hose.

Thanks, Trish. I looked at pictures of that hose, and it looks like one end might be threaded. (Maybe something specific to the Sleep Weaver). Bummer.

I went to YouTube and found videos about the SleepWeaver that showed their feather weight tubing in use.The end that looks treaded was inserted into a standard cpap tube end and the other end connects to the mask. I also found the tube referred to as a universal tube with standard size fittings. I have one on the way. I’ll let you know how it works out. 

Thanks again for the info, Trish this looks like it is just what I was looking for.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Resmed Airtouch F20 took off like a hovercraft. Doesn't like to hover down anywhere near central face. No full-face hickey, though.

Ya know, I really don't like the feel of memory foam, in general and on this mask in particular. It feels (and looks) like spongified volcanic dust, IMO.

I ordered the non-touch Airfit F20. Since I'm running out of mask options for my facial dimensions, I might have to make friends with this one and pretty it up.

Sleep, where are you? And No-Leak your partner? Come hither....
Post Reply Post Reply
Trish, I ended up getting the sleep weaver hose and it fit perfectly. Thanks for the tip!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the hose info!

--------------

My mask issues continue unabated. I had to get a new mask from the DME today and they fit me with an F10 for Her. I asked about the other Resmed FFM's and they said the F10 Small is "the only one they make for Her". They tried to fit me in a unisex Airtouch (gigantic head required), told me the Airfit F20 and Airtouch 20 and Quattro don't come in for Her models.....

---------------

Would anyone  be able to venture a guess as to why I get lower AHI with greater leakage? I can't wrap my head around this. I should have fewer events during low-leak phases since those are times when the treatment is working. But, in fact, I have substantially fewer events when the mask is leaking...
No matter what the pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2017, 04:46 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Trish,  I ended up getting the sleep weaver hose and it fit perfectly. Thanks for the tip!

I’m glad to hear it is working out. Mine should be hear by the end of the week. I chose snail mail to get free shipping 

(11-01-2017, 04:58 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Would anyone  be able to venture a guess as to why I get lower AHI with greater leakage? I can't wrap my head around this. I should have fewer events during low-leak phases since those are times when the treatment is working. But, in fact, I have substantially fewer events when the mask is leaking...

My best guess is that your leaks are getting high enough that your machine isn’t able to detect the events that are happening. Your AHI is probably at least as high, or higher, during high leak periods as during low leak periods.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may still have as many events during large leaks but the machine can't see them.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
My SleepWeaver hose Was waiting for me when we got back home a few minutes ago. As Walla Walla said, it fits perfectly. Thanks again, Trish, for the info.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you used the mask fit feature?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you considered one of the cloth SleepWeaver masks? Watching this video makes me think it might conform to a wide variety of facial shapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPz8_kySTg
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2017, 04:58 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Thanks for the hose info!

--------------

My mask issues continue unabated. I had to get a new mask from the DME today and they fit me with an F10 for Her. I asked about the other Resmed FFM's and they said the F10 Small is "the only one they make for Her". They tried to fit me in a unisex Airtouch (gigantic head required), told me the Airfit F20 and Airtouch 20 and Quattro don't come in for Her models.....

---------------

Would anyone  be able to venture a guess as to why I get lower AHI with greater leakage? I can't wrap my head around this. I should have fewer events during low-leak phases since those are times when the treatment is working. But, in fact, I have substantially fewer events when the mask is leaking...

I know nothing about FFM but after reading your post from start to present, I was wondering if the DME had tried a child sized mask for you?  It is my understanding that the child masks are smaller and may be of help to you if the other masks are too large for your face?  Might be worth inquiring about?  Best wishes in your efforts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 149 Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 126 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 307 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 654 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,994 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 751 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 441 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.