Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The So-Called "Sleep Test"
RE: The So-Called "Sleep Test"
(12-02-2014, 05:29 PM)vcottom Wrote: I learned how to adjust it, and how the system works, and over about a month was getting "good" numbers, and was able to sleep with it. Doc tells me they never see my oxygen numbers like mine in his office, 99% to 100%.

What I can't figure out is why I have to make a near-diarrhea run to the bathroom upon waking nearly every morning. Just one time, a major release of gas, with little solids, and lot's of liquid. One time, and I good to go for the day. If I don't but the BPAP on, I don't have the diarrhea! Can you all think on that for a bit?

Well, if you got the machine paid for and have learned how to do the data analysis and adjustment yourself, you're way ahead of most patients with "mushroom theory" doctors. Play the game and get a good supply of masks, hoses, and water tanks until you have enough spares, then stop letting them send you new parts until you actually need them.

Gas on both ends is a common problem. Look up "aerophagia." Lower pressure in general or lower IPAP may help. You might tinker with that being careful to watch your AHI as you change pressure.

There's a link in my signature line for a youtube video on how to reduce aerophagia. It helps some people.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 126 10 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 214 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 869 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.