Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone use hose hangers
RE: Anyone use hose hangers
I use the hose buddy. It was about $50 but it's sturdy and should last a long time.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2014, 08:08 PM)Vyrl Wrote: I made mine out of 1/2 inch PVC pipe. I made in sections small enough to fit inside the CPAP bag. I used the velcro cable ties to fasten the hose to it. I got every thing at my local hardware store.
Hi Vyrl,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a hose buddy also and it works quite well. I also hand my mask on the hook. Fits the crook between the mask and the hose connector and lets the mask hang opening down so no crap falls into it.

Can't remember which one of the suppliers on the list I bought it from.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
I just grabbed an old mike stand with a boom arm that I had handy and used that - the mike holder fits the hose perfectly - the boom is over the bed at the right position to draped the hose correctly. I have a mate that boosted an IV stand from his office to use. Doesn't work as well, because it can't get all the way over the bed..
Post Reply Post Reply
I got this blue metal tube one for about 11 bucks on Amazon. It is designed to go under the mattress, but I had to re-engineer it a bit. I want it to stand on a desk just behind my bed, which is not up against the wall. This comes in pieces you can assemble for travel, and I just took the piece designed for the top, which has a 45-degree bend in it, and put that nearer the bottom, so that the whole thing booms out over my head and drops straight down in front of my face, perfect whether I sleep on one side or the other. Then I put a 50-pound book about Leonardo Da Vinci on it as a weight (Leo would be proud).

It has a little bungee cord running through it, so you can take it apart near the base to get it out of the field of view every morning, which takes less time and effort than pulling out the humidifier tub.

Hose hangers help but what I think helps more is a hose cozy. The hose is much more aesthectically acceptable when covered. If I had neither, I would get the cozy first, which is what I did, and it helps immensely. The hanger is just icing on the cake.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of these works great

[link removed] Command Cord Bundler

I've never had a problem with it falling or breaking.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a shelf bracket, $2 and some velcro I already had, but it's pretty cheap. I put the bracket in the middle of the space above the bed, so I can sleep on either side.
Post Reply Post Reply
Search for Cpap Hose Holder on ebay and/or on amazon. I've used them and got them for very reasonable prices
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,554 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.