Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DOT Compliance
RE: DOT Compliance
January 2013, micro sleep on a motorbike due to sleep apnea had me with a shopping list of injuries, nearly 2 months in hospital, 2 weeks in ICU, 4 days in a coma, 15 procedures to correct the damage to my body and a barrage of tests afterwards to diagnose the cause - sleep apnea, although I still have a loop monitor implanted to monitor cardiology issues (occasional drop in HR to below 30 BPM). I voluntarily gave up my license during this time and only just regained it last week after satisfying the managing medico that all was fine. I am thankful every day that I was the only person injured in my accident (other than my pride and joy Bandit motorbike), luckily the 4wd I hit had a bull bar which I made a mess of.

Please consider this as you are driving kids around in that bus that it is not just you that you need to think of, other lives are on the line. Some take to CPAP easily others don't, but you have a responsibility to society as well to make the right decision.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DOT Compliance
(06-23-2014, 08:44 PM)HoseMan Wrote:
(06-23-2014, 10:40 AM)Lynn Wrote: I drive a school bus 2 hrs in the morning 2 hrs in the afternoon. I totally understand the sleep apnea problem. My issue is that when you are sent for a sleep study, (I went two weeks ago) you are pretty much going back for the machine test. (which I just did last week), it seems to me that you are getting the Cpap machine before you even get there to be tested. How can any of the tests be accurate? All the wires...different environment...I did sleep some while I was there the first time, but when I went back to use the machine, I slept very little if any. It choked me! I was freaked out! Water was dripping inside the mask and it was making loud noises. I finally had to call to have it unhooked before the test was over. I haven't been back to the sleep Dr. yet, but my question is this, will I have to use the machine to be DOT compliant, or is there another direction that I can go in so that I don't have to use it? I don't have a problem sleeping and I am not sleepy during the day. Help!

Compliance for CDL is.. 4 hour's 5 day's a week.My company uses a 3rd party.They monitor my usage by wireless transmitter on back of machine.If I'm not compliant.I will be inform'd by my employer&I'm deadlined for driving for atleast a week till I show compliance.

My box also has a cell phone device on the back of it. I accidentally broke the antenna right after I got it, and have never got around to taking it in for repairs. I think they don't check them anyway, or they would have contacted me during the last 14 months I have been using it. I use "Sleepy Head" and print a report every 30 days if the VA ever questions me about using it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 432 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  compliance question singergal67 7 644 06-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: singergal67
  Vacation - CPAP compliance was amazing, now home and I'm struggling again Muhlyssa 3 508 05-26-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Muhlyssa
  Medicare Compliance Question plakky 9 1,481 03-03-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  out of compliance because of not getting much sleep narual 5 596 02-17-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.