Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The World of DME's
RE: The World of DME's
I think you will still find that a bricks-and-mortar DME will still be more expensive than an online vendor. They have to be - they have more overhead that they have to pay. Personally, I'm willing to pay extra to be able to go to their offices and try on various masks to see which one I like best, then borrow that mask for a few days to see if it really works well.

Lincare and Apria sound like they have huge entitlement issues. "You will do what we say and pay what we tell you to. No thinking for yourself!"
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my S9 Autoset tonight! Nearly ready to start my first night. Smile

My new DME was wonderful. Processed everything in two days and delivered what I asked for without question. He used to work for Apria (for several years). Was gracious and said there are a lot of good people there, but the company definitely is not patient-focused. He answered every question I had, gave me detailed operating instructions, didn't balk when I told him I intend to use Sleepyhead, and even recommended that when I have to buy consumables that aren't covered by insurance I'd be best served by purchaisng from an Internet supplier, and he specifically named Vendor #1.

I wish I could connect him with all those on the forum who've described horror stories about their equipment acquisitions.

So, I'm encouraged to say there are a few good people out there that do actually care about us. If you live in Illinois, specifically the Chicago area, check out MedSource as a possible DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope your first night goes well.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll play my broken record and remind everyone to give your congressmen hell every time you get screwed by Medicare and their competitive bidding process or other problems.

The congressmen tend to listen the most to those who pay them bribes, but occasionally if enough citizens complain, they'll listen a little. If you don't complain, nothing will happen.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Weeks in the World of APAP MaskedOne 2 337 01-16-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Question [CPAP] Survived the first night! What in the world is going on with this data? djbradford1996 5 1,255 12-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Last Post: nickgritz
  New to the World of Apnea High Purity 26 3,210 05-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Last Post: High Purity
  New to the CPAP World. Help! Javielo 8 1,912 04-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad Sinus congestion, APAP, and the end of the world jeffmackatron 8 2,677 01-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  How come the CPAP world hasn't embraced the theory of interchangable parts DPerretta 5 1,924 11-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie in the sleep apnea world Rousseau21 4 1,977 02-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Rousseau21

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.