Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The bread always falls jam side down.
So, last night I was filling my water tank. Picked it up to transfer it to the machine -- slipped right out of my hand and landed on the carpeted floor. Naturally, it landed upside down. I had a few choice words for it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lolabove

Hasn't happened to me "yet", but I have tried to put the water chamber in backwards. Oh-jeez
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you ever noticed that when given a task that has a 50-50 chance of getting correct the first time, that your wrong 80% of the time.
Post Reply Post Reply

I have not done any of those yet but I have filled the tank and set it down by the sink. When I went to bed, I masked up and turned the VPAP on. Luckily, I got to thinking about it and thought that maybe I should check. Voila, no water tank.

My other trick is to forget to refill the water tank and since I use most of a tank full of water every night, that means that I run out of water in the middle of the night. Holy cactus mouth, batman!

I have some other really neat tricks that I have stumbled onto that are designed to interfere with my therapy.

Happy PAPing

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2016, 02:13 PM)PaytonA Wrote: My other trick is to forget to refill the water tank and since I use most of a tank full of water every night, that means that I run out of water in the middle of the night. Holy cactus mouth, batman!

I've done that one once.
Post Reply Post Reply
Title reminds me of the old Buttered cat paradox....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttered_cat_paradox

The buttered cat paradox is a common joke based on the tongue-in-cheek combination of two adages:
Cats always land on their feet.
Buttered toast always lands buttered side down.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

oh well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed tank upside down? At least, by the time you picked up, it still had some water inside. If it was a DreamStation tank, it would empty itself before even hitting the ground - they are fully open on top! Well, that's the downside of it's upside. The upside is that an empty tank would land much softer when landing upside down...
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2016, 02:13 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I have not done any of those yet but I have filled the tank and set it down by the sink. When I went to bed, I masked up and turned the VPAP on. Luckily, I got to thinking about it and thought that maybe I should check. Voila, no water tank.

My other trick is to forget to refill the water tank and since I use most of a tank full of water every night, that means that I run out of water in the middle of the night. Holy cactus mouth, batman!

I have some other really neat tricks that I have stumbled onto that are designed to interfere with my therapy.

Happy PAPing

PaytonA

Do share with us your really neat tricks - as sometimes I enjoy knowing that I am not the only one who does silly things where my cpap machine is concerned.

Post Reply Post Reply

On the plus side, if you pull the thing off the nightstand at night while rolling over, chances are it will leak AWAY from the machine. Ask me how I know that!!?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] 1,000 injured as meteor falls in Russia SuperSleeper 14 3,788 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper