Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The collar works for me!
RE: The collar works for me!
I think the mask type is also important in determining the need for a collar. When I was using a nasal cradle (Dreamwear), my AHIs were around 0.2-0.8. As I was mouth-breeding, I was looking for solutions for dry mouth and leaks and started using a full face mask (Dreamwear Full Face mask). My AHIs for the first few days with the full face mask jumped to 5-6. When I used a collar, they reverted to 0.2-0.5s. The fullface mask has  2 pairs of straps and the lower ones pull your chin in, narrowing the passage. The nasal one doesn't have anything pulling your chin. As a result, I need to use a collar if I wear the fullface mask. If I switch to nasal, I may not need it but it still helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: The collar works for me!
Interesting about the lower straps pulling your chin in. I'll test that out.

I started using a collar with both my nasal pillows and my P30 airfit. My leak rate is way lower with the collar on the P30. I still mouth breathe, but less, with nasal pillows. so now, it's been the P30 and the collar with very low AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collar and RERA for BonJour CROWMAN 12 403 10-29-2020, 09:45 PM
Last Post: CROWMAN
  Recommended brands of Soft Cervical Collar? Chalkie 3 180 09-26-2020, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  cervical collar suggestion luckydxx 4 311 07-02-2020, 06:30 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  [Equipment] Call for Soft Collar Reviews Sleeprider 3 420 06-23-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  Soft collar: How tight? drmaestro 9 406 06-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Aludj
  Neck collar Drexette 12 908 06-07-2020, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Shulamet
  Cervical collar sizing... Aludj 9 383 05-25-2020, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.