Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The date on my Resmed Airsense 10 is 9 days ahead of actual date. Need help to reset
The date on my Resmed Airsense 10 is 9 days ahead of actual date. Need help to reset
Hello,  Happy Holidays !

The date of my machine now shows Jan 7, as I have been adjusting the date every time I travelled outside of United States.  I would like to reset the machine back to today's date.  I googled extensively, and could not find a compatible answer.  Any advice ?

Thanks and Happy New Year !

Raymond
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The date on my Resmed Airsense 10 is 9 days ahead of actual date. Need help to reset
You may be asking one of two things here..
1) How do I change the date on this machine?
2) How do I change the date without losing a whole week's data?

The first is easy enough.. you must have been doing this already on your travels..  go to the Clinical Menu and change it there.

The second is a little more tricky and not something I've done. I recently read a thread talking about it but cannot find it at the moment.
However that thread was only talking about timezone changes within the same day or maybe changing just one day.

So before doing anything, make a backup copy of your SDcard to avoid losing that week of data.
I think the machine will start to overwrite data for these days because it doesn't know what to do when it sees you just traveled back in time.
How can you be living the same day twice? Which day's data was correct?

Jumping FORWARDS in time should be safe.... jumping BACKWARDS is where the problems start.

Hopefully someone will answer question 2 with a full answer. (If indeed there IS an answer... there may not be one).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The date on my Resmed Airsense 10 is 9 days ahead of actual date. Need help to reset
To set the machine back that many days you basically reset the user data first. The only other alternative is to repeatedly set the machine back to noon until the right date and time are acquired.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2019, 11:42 AM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: You may be asking one of two things here..
1) How do I change the date on this machine?
2) How do I change the date without losing a whole week's data?

The first is easy enough.. you must have been doing this already on your travels..  go to the Clinical Menu and change it there.

The second is a little more tricky and not something I've done. I recently read a thread talking about it but cannot find it at the moment.
However that thread was only talking about timezone changes within the same day or maybe changing just one day.

So before doing anything, make a backup copy of your SDcard to avoid losing that week of data.
I think the machine will start to overwrite data for these days because it doesn't know what to do when it sees you just traveled back in time.
How can you be living the same day twice? Which day's data was correct?

Jumping FORWARDS in time should be safe.... jumping BACKWARDS is where the problems start.

Hopefully someone will answer question 2 with a full answer. (If indeed there IS an answer... there may not be one).
Thinking-about Thanks for your fast response !  I am more concerned with Question 1.  I tried many times to rest the date back ( not forward ), and was not successful.  The machine says " Date and time cannot be set back in the past ". That is where the problem lies.Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Had that problem when I went from Mountain Time Zone to Hawaii, changed to Hawaii time them couldn’t get the machine back to Mountain Time. I think I eventually just reset everything and started over.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2019, 12:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: To set the machine back that many days you basically reset the user data first. The only other alternative is to repeatedly set the machine back to noon until the right date and time are acquired.

Hi Sleep Rider,

Thanks !   I tried to reset the date back many times, but never successful.  The machine says " Date and time cannot be set in the past".  Can you pls help with more specific instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2019, 12:49 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: Had that problem when I went from Mountain Time Zone to Hawaii, changed to Hawaii time them couldn’t get the machine back to Mountain Time. I think I eventually just reset everything and started over.

Thanks !  How did you reset everything ?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to erase your data first. This is in the clinical menu below the date/time.

Make a copy of the data on your sd card if you don't want to lose it all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2019, 12:52 PM)tmrlhkSleeprider Wrote:  The machine says " Date and time cannot be set in the past".  Can you pls help with more specific instructions.
You can't set the date/ time to when data has been recorded ("the Past")
Post Reply Post Reply
Specific instructions:
Backup and erase or format the SD cart (32 bit FAT)
Enter the clinical menu (control knob + home button)
Scroll down to Erase Data
Erase all User Data
Exit
Set date and time
Insert clean blank SD card
Do not change time and date for travel again.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,805 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 417 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,799 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.