Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The effects of a very stressful week
The effects of a very stressful week
I just got back from the biggest event of the year in my business, which is also the most stressful week of the year for me. It takes its toll on the mind and body and this is my first show using the CPAP (I've been going to the show for 21 years).

It involves a lot of meetings, enduring noisy exhibit halls and late nights. In other words, not my usual schedule. It was also the first extended period of time in which I didn't focus as much on my CPAP and found myself falling asleep without it, turning it off in the middle of the night and dealing with more insomnia than usual (and more meds).

So today I finally got a chance to look at the data over the past 6 days and whoa... I don't remember the 12th being a particularly bad night but the data showed otherwise.

[Image: iNsO3IG.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The effects of a very stressful week
Yep, you're right....... Shoulda had a V8.

But ignoring the extra high events on the 12th and the lack of compliance, I suggest you double down a little and work the program.

It says you are on a fixed cpap pressure of 6? I think it's time to adjust things a bit and see if you can't pull the day-to-day ahi back down to where it belongs. Next year, if not before, you're going to have another stressful period. So focus now on getting your sleep apnea well controlled and you might just discover it's not stressful at all.

I would take the pressure up to 7 and see what happens over the next few days. I would also get the bottom end off the floor of 4, by turning off the ramp, or at least setting it to minimum pressure of 6.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The effects of a very stressful week
You know, the 12th just happened also to be the night you had the sucker on for only about 2 hours. You likely slept while watching a calming episode of NCIS or SVU, that knocks the insomnia out of yah. But, the jiggle and jurts probably bopped the machine around. So, don't sweat it. "Just enjoy the show...." - Money Ball.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 437 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 484 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 201 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 220 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  My Mother did an In-Lab sleep study last week. Phaleronic 4 503 11-22-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.