Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The heat!
RE: The heat is on!
We had a few light rain showers a little while ago, as well as some thunder. But......nothing now.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: The heat!
So does that make it heat and humidity instead of just heat?
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We don't get a lot of humidity here, unless we get a lot of rain. This is supposed to be our Monsoon Season. So far though, it's been a big ole fat nothing burger. 

In the past, it'd rain so hard, and in such a brief amount of time, there would be white water running down the streets. People in Phoenix are notoriously dumb for getting caught in their cars in low-lying areas. A fire dept. / Sheriff's Dept. swift water rescue crew would be called in to rescue them. 

And....then there's the ones who go hike a mountain trail in city limits when it's 114 degrees out, and don't take nearly enough water with them, or leave for a hike late in the day, and then run out of daylight and then get lost. That's when a helicopter gets called in and a mountain rescue crew. 

Oh the humanity of it all. Some people are too dumb to be out and about w/o an adult chaperone.  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
It does sound like you might want to lock some in their homes for their own safety. Even so, we can't fix stupid. Duct tape makes it quieter but I try avoidance of the IQ deficient ones if I can. But then I have to drive sometime...

Coffee
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Too-funny like
Post Reply Post Reply
Here in northern Illinois, we have 73 degrees F at 10:30 p.m. and a humidity level of 89%.
It really is not comfortable even with two portable A/C's running 24x7. But - I just know we all may be
complaining about TOO much cold come December and January. I wish the year 2020 would go hide somewhere far away.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bay Area here! A sliiight drizzle today, but still an abundance of smoke sadly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Several studies (sorry, can't find them now) have suggested that Covid-19 does not like high humidity but spreads much more quickly in dry climates. Humidity seems to correlate more so than temperature alone. It may be that there is a 'sweet spot' for C-19 though, of temp + humidity. It sounds like something that should be relatively easy to prove now that we have an enormous number of cases around the world.

My local experience suggests it might be true, to some extent at least, because Queensland has so far managed to avoid significant community transmission, despite having cases here and there. That said, Canberra (our federal capital) is located in a rather dry place yet has so far escaped fairly lightly.

The more we learn, the less we know ...

As for today's weather here, we're gunning for a high of 23C with a week or so of winter left to run, and 74% humidity. Perfect!
Post Reply Post Reply
hehe. It is all relative I suppose. It is 38 deg C (or 100 deg Merkin) where I am today. That's the winter temp here in Norther Western Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here in British Columbia, I live on the outskirt of the rain forest, so no need complaining about the weather.

The 2 heat pumps(mini splits) I installed to replace the portable A/C, produces river at the discharge lines but the house is comfortable. Winter is another story N. of the 48th...

On a regular basis the temp in the car has been >110f when sitting..  Its A/C is troubled..
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.