Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The heat!
RE: The heat!
This summer here in AZ. has been the hottest on record. Same goes for Phoenix. It's been the hottest summer on record. 

We're in the northern part of AZ., in the high country. So, we do have some relief. At least up here, when the sun goes down, so does the temp.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
It was a crazy day today, weather wise. It was already hot when we got up for the day. Stayed that way for a few hours. Then, the skies darkened and we had some rain showers here and there.

Soon, we had thunder and lightening. Showers stopped and the sun came back out, making it a bit humid. Sun went away, clouds reappeared and the winds picked up. The temp. dropped drastically. So much so, we had to close our windows some.

I checked our thermometer, and it read 72 degrees. That's the coolest it's been this summer, even with the a/c going full blast.

It's going to be a very cool night for sleeping. I might even have to get under the covers tonight.

No idea what tomorrow holds.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool spell here in Southern AZ - almost thought about breaking out the jacket - it is 93 at 2 pm. We got some rain the last couple of days. Supposed to be back to 105 on Friday and then flirt with the 100 degree mark for a while.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Show Off! Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(08-17-2020, 04:38 PM)Big Guy Wrote: It was 130 degrees in Death Valley, CA. on Sunday. The hottest recorded temperature ever on earth, anywhere.

That is just TOO darned hot - period.   Oh-jeez

No insult to you folks living in AZ or CA, but I think your part of the country has to be miserable at such high temperatures. We had 97 with 95% humidity and I thought that was hot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2020, 04:42 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 04:38 PM)Big Guy Wrote: It was 130 degrees in Death Valley, CA. on Sunday. The hottest recorded temperature ever on earth, anywhere.

That is just TOO darned hot - period.   Oh-jeez

No insult to you folks living in AZ or CA, but I think your part of the country has to be miserable at such high temperatures.  We had 97 with 95% humidity and I thought that was hot.

We moved to AZ. in 1984. Never been here myself, but my wife had been prior to us getting married. We're up in the northern part of the state, in the mountains. We don't see the temps. that Phoenix or Tucson does. We're usually 10-15 degrees lower. 

Luckily, for the most part, it is a dry heat here. The few times it does get humid, we sure feel it. But.....usually when the sun goes down, we get some relief, cause the temps do the same. Poor ole Phoenix, they might see a 5 degree drop is all. 

This has been the hottest summer overall in AZ. on record. August was the hottest summer for Phoenix ever on record. July was a very close 2nd place. 

There again, I think many places in the US set new records for the heat. Other than some wild land fires, we don't get much in regards to catastrophic weather disasters. 

I love the winters here. I'm a motorcycle fanatic. Christmas Day of 2018, I went for a ride and got in over 300 glorious miles. The weather simply couldn't have been any better. It was picture perfect. Having lived and been raised in the PNW, riding in December is sketchy at best. Actually, almost impossible. It wasn't until we moved to AZ., that I came to realize that you can basically ride year round. 

So yes, the heat can be an issue here at times, but if you're patient, it will go away.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, not frying my bacon in Death Valley. Send me a postcard, but I'm not visiting that oven.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Way back in 1978 I think it was, two of my buddies and I rode thru Death Valley on our way back to Spokane, WA. from S. CA. 

This was in August if I recall correctly. Course back then, we were young and didn't know any better. 

That was the only time we took our helmets off and rode. We did that for a couple hundred miles or so. Traffic was little to none. No idea just how exactly hot it was, but it was hot. 

They were riding older Triumphs that weren't in the best shape. I was riding a newer Kawasaki KZ900. I was concerned that if we broke down, that would really suck. Them.........more so than me.  Big Grin

No cell phones back then, and a whole long ways between gas stations.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Hot in my neck of the woods as well.  Really hoping it doesnt continue into spring and summer https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-02/w...d/12618714
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=26185]
(Click on pic to enlarge)

It's been so hot here in AZ., that I forgot some of my tools that I left outside. This is what I found when I went to get them.

[Moderator Note:  Attachment removed-- attachments not related to sleep apnea or CPAP are not allowed in the Off-Topic Forum. You may link to an off-site image, however.  See our forum sticky for rules, here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...STING-HERE ]
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.