Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The heat!
RE: The heat!
They're melting...

Or they're for working around corners.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Saw / heard on the news last night, that it hit 121 degrees in / around Los Angeles county (Woodland Hills).  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
The day it hit 117 in Tucson (all time high) I was still active duty AF and had the afternoon/evening supervisor of flying (SOF) duties. We were still flying C-130s and the flight engineers were using dividers to do take off numbers. Normally, they use a grease pencil on the chart. I was in a truck on the ramp and the AC went out. Got cooler air from the heater than the AC. Survived, drank a lot of water and we got ll the missions off. I have been out on the ramp to fly when it was 140 in the cockpit before engine start - AC available once the engines were running.

You never really get used to heat, but learn how to safely deal with it. During the day always have water in the car. You go from the AC house to the AC car to AC wherever you go. Although some folks have swamp coolers, they only work well when the humidity is very low. As I type this it is 101 at 1330 here in Tucson. SUpposed to be low 90s by Wednesday.

Like we say, it is a dry heat.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've always felt like I could handle the heat as well as the next guy. But this year, has been a real challenge. I think it has been for a whole lot of people. 

Wearing masks doesn't help matters for sure either. Even in an a/c cooled store, I feel like I'm short of breath. We did have lunch out today at Arby's. They reopened their dining room and it was a real treat to go in, place your order, and then sit down and eat it indoors, vs. your car under the scorching sun. 

They even had an unannounced 40% off offer. All you had to do was mention the 40% off, and that's what you got. We saved a good $5.00 off our order. 

Anyways, everyone dining inside was in a good mood. Everyone socially distanced and was polite. 

They say a cool down is coming. Supposedly as soon as a day or two. I'm long overdue for a m/c ride. It's been about 6 weeks or so since my last one. Just been too damned hot to ride.  Crazy

I'm looking forward to winter in AZ. I hope it's a mild one, as I have a lot of riding to make up.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
We are projected to hit between 90 and 92 degrees F in Pittsburgh tomorrow. I'm happy to report the pool stands ready to serve in this time of hardship.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The cool down has arrived!! It's cooling off nicely. Had the a/c on earlier, but I shut if off a few hours ago. It's supposed to be even a bit cooler tomorrow (Wed). Predicted high of 71 degrees.

Currently it's 67 degrees.

Opened up most of the windows in the house and it's pure heaven! Gonna be a super night for sleeping. Had my CPAP gear on last night, and it felt miserable. Just too hot, but I kept it on for almost 6 hrs. I should see an easy 7 or 8 tonight / tomorrow. 

Anyways, I've been waiting for well over a good month or so for a m/c ride. Hoping to see at least 300 miles or more. Lunch on the road, a rest break here and there, and all the freedom I can handle. 

Now, this is what being retired is all about.................. like
Post Reply Post Reply
High is supposed to be 89 down here in Tucson. Have the inside doors open to get some air movement in the house. Haven't heard the AC kick on (keep it set at 80).  Supposed to get down to 60 later tonight.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Phoenix hit 104 today and might see 105. If so, that will match a record for this date in time set back in 1914. 

This is going to be known as the year from H E double hockey sticks.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.