Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The magic of Weighted Blanket
The magic of Weighted Blanket
So in the never ending pursuit of a good night sleep, I researched the idea of "weighted blankets" and finally succumbed to purchasing one. At 6'2" and 210lb, I needed to get a heavier and larger blanket so I went with a 60"x80" size at 20lb, filled with ceramic beads.
The banket itself has a soft side and what I call a "fury" side so it looks pleasing as well as (fingers crossed) being functional.
Last night I used it for the first time and the results were great.
I slept through the night without even moving once (true story) Big Grin

It got a little too hot but we keep our bedroom temperature very low in winter time, so it wasn't a bad thing.
I am generally sleeping much better since I went back on my DS1 ASV machine but average waking up at least once.
So if this blanket keeps me down the whole night for a whole week, I think we can safely call the experiment a winner.
Ps.
My wife is too scared of using it (too heavy for her), so she is still on the fence about the idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The magic of Weighted Blanket
Thanks for your post! Very helpful.

(about 4 years ago I broke my left humorous bone right through at the shoulder. I learned how many times I rolled on my left shoulder.)
Sleep quality is so important.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
wow, that's neat.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Does a weighted blanked work as well for slide sleepers who have a tendency to turn over?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side sleeper and have no issues turning over. What I like about it is that because its uniformly heavier than a normal blanket (ceramic beads in 4"x4" pockets across its entire surface), it gets rid of air pockets around you, but doesn't get too restrictive to make turning over a hassle. If you toss and turn a lot, you should consider choosing a fabric that is easier to slide under, although the purpose of this blanket is to help reduce tossing and turning.
Post Reply Post Reply
@smantz

Thank you!
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Blanket - Fiber Problem! foss 4 474 11-29-2022, 07:15 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  New Mask Magic Jeremy H 3 663 12-26-2021, 05:10 PM
Last Post: StevesSp
  Weighted Blankets [Better Sleep?] Traumer 30 4,473 03-21-2020, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Starting to see results below the magic 5 with my Bilevel alps 10 2,216 05-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  HELP?! What *IS* the correct magic number for a leak to be too high? Peter_C 3 3,932 10-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.