Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The new Airfit F20 headgear and cushions fits Airfit F10?
The new Airfit F20 headgear and cushions fits Airfit F10?
Someone knows if he new Airfit F20 headgear and cushions fits the old Airfit F10?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The new Airfit F20 headgear and cushions fits Airfit F10?
No first-hand knowledge, but the F20 is modular and the frame fits all cushion sizes. Not likely to be any compatibility. I've been using Resmed masks for a lot of years and have never seen compatibility when they are re-designed: Swift NT, Swift FX, Airfit 10.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2016, 02:26 PM)armando.ntg Wrote: Someone knows if he new Airfit F20 headgear and cushions fits the old Airfit F10?
Thanks.

From the product page it looks like nothing will be interchangeable with the F10. The F20 headgear uses magnets embedded in the mask frame to connect to magnets in the headgear. (On paper, this looks like an awesome idea; hopefully it works in practice too.) Also, in the F20, both the cushion and the frame are different from from the F10. The cushion on the F20 has a larger hole to accommodate a completely different quick-disconnect. On the F10, the exhaust holes are in the cushion; in the F20, they are in the quick-disconnect.

I'm looking forward to trying out the F20. It looks like the cushion has more support around the nose. Also, the headgear looks more comfortable and less likely to have the sharp edges around the back, as seen in the F10.

There's a video here to see it in action:
resmed.com/us/en/commercial-partner/products/mask-series/airfit-20-series/airfit-f20.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to know if the F10 cushion fits the F20 frame. The F10 cushion is superior on the bridge of the nose although I cannot wear the F20 due to the rigid plastic on the nose bridge I do like the magnetic clips on frame. I'm going to research the frame size to see it the F20 frame will accommodate the F10 cushion. That would be the best of both worlds.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2017, 09:56 AM)Tballinusa Wrote: I would like to know if the F10 cushion fits the F20 frame. The F10 cushion is superior on the bridge of the nose although I cannot wear the F20 due to the rigid plastic on the nose bridge I do like the magnetic clips on frame. I'm going to research the frame size to see it the F20 frame will accommodate the F10 cushion. That would be the best of both worlds.

I have both of these now and the 2 cushions are definitely not interchangeable.  There are no shared parts.  It's unfortunate that the F20's cushion doesn't fit you because I think that's the best feature.  Also, the F20 is a bit larger than the F10 and sits higher up (more toward my forehead) than the F10.  It has a lot more room for compression and the material seems more springy and pliable.  At first I thought the magnetic clips would be cool.  Now I see them as more of a marketing gimmick.  They aren't any easier to use than the F10 with the looped headgear fitting over a plastic post.  Plus, because they are magnetic, there's no alternative headgear.  We're stuck with the ResMed headgear with it's sharp edges.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,973 45 minutes ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,122 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.