Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
Smile 
The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
like I've been trying out the new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask for the last 5 nights and I really like it. It uses memory foam to make the seal on your face. For the last 5 nights my leak rate has been ZERO. I have never accomplished this in all my years of using a cpap. I believe I will switch over from the Airfit F10 I am now using. The mask is comfortable and has a quick release for the hose, It also has magnetic clips for the lower straps. I'm just waiting for my DME to add it to their inventory
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
I have one coming. I will have to let you know how it works. I am hopping to have success too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2017, 09:07 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: I have one coming. I will have to let you know how it works. I am hopping to have success too.

I think you will like it. The only downside (if your insurance does not pay for it) is the cushions can't be washed. they are cleaned using cpap mask wipes and therefore must be replaced on a monthly basis. The plus is that they are easy to clean...no water.
Post Reply Post Reply
You probably can wash memory foam, but it will take a few days to dry. So it's either not practical or you need to run several cushions. If you are self funded, using cushions till the foam deteriorates from the skin contaminants and periodic washing, would sound an option
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
first nite with it it was real comfortable. They sent me the older style not the one with the memory foam.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the memory foam feel hot on your face?
Post Reply Post Reply
It does not feel hot, it breaths. I think the add says it is like sleeping with fresh sheets.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
When I tried the regular F20 it caused terrible pressure on my nose. Did you find this at all with this new mask? Also how does it do in terms of leaving pressure marks on your face from the mask? That is the biggest problem I am having with my quattro FX. But then I am mostly a side sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
04-21-2017, 07:37 PM
Hi All,

I replaced my F10 since it was bothering the bridge of my nose with the F20.

All I can say is WOW, WOW ,WOW.

This mask is like the Rolls Royce of masks....it's night and day different to the F10.

The new magnets , simple amazing.

I can now wear glasses with it on and watch tv, read as I fall asleep.

Well Done Resmed, you have created a winner.

[Image: like.png] [Image: like.png] [Image: like.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Do they have plans to add memory foam on a nasal mask? I would love to see that
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 611 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,604 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.