Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
The going rate for mask replacement is $60. I really want to try it but I think that is too expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1

I don't have a problem self-funding some "backup" equipment, particularly since it all lasts longer than the DME states, but the memory foam will deteriorate not only from exposure to the skin oils, but also much more quickly from exposure to ozone than the silicone seals.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Airfit20 (without the memory foam) for a couple of months and find it amazing. Can't wait to get the foam one!

RGM
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2017, 07:13 PM)macheta Wrote: The going rate for mask replacement is $60. I really want to try it but I think that is too expensive.

What is price comparison to comfort and health.  We all have to make our own decisions on the above, I personally feel that CPAP masks will make you use or not use the equipment that will make you healthier.
I personally feel if I wear my mask all night and sleep well I am money ahead in the long run of future health problems which can cost much more than a mask replacement.  
If you are not happy with your current mask it is worth a try based on the reviews I have read, mine comes today so I will see if I like it better than the std F20
Resmed autoset 10-Care thru VA 
F20 Airtouch-F30 my favorite  My Air and Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently use the Airsense F20.  Great mask, but I am anxious to try the Airtouch.  Knowing my DMS, it will take forever for them to obtain a supply of the Airtouch masks.  It took about 6 months for them to obtain a supply of the Airsense F20 masks.  I am not sure I understand why the DMS's cannot obtain new products as quickly as the internet vendors.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2017, 01:05 PM)djensen9367 Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 07:13 PM)macheta Wrote: The going rate for mask replacement is $60. I really want to try it but I think that is too expensive.

What is price comparison to comfort and health.  We all have to make our own decisions on the above, I personally feel that CPAP masks will make you use or not use the equipment that will make you healthier.
I personally feel if I wear my mask all night and sleep well I am money ahead in the long run of future health problems which can cost much more than a mask replacement.  
If you are not happy with your current mask it is worth a try based on the reviews I have read, mine comes today so I will see if I like it better than the std F20

well i got my airtouch replacement.  Fantastic!!  I liked the regular F20 but being a restless sleeper I did have a little problem with minor leaks in the middle of the night.  The new airtouch does not leak at all, I got my 2nd 100% last night and I am completely sold on this mask.  I get a new mask every 90 days thru VA so will be ordering tomorrow.

I highly recommend this to antone, now to see how long it will last.
Resmed autoset 10-Care thru VA 
F20 Airtouch-F30 my favorite  My Air and Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
@NadiaK I have the same trouble going from the F10 to the F20, nose bridge is no Bueno. I did notice the F20 is seriously bigger when placed cushion to cushion with the F10. Wearing the mask higher up than one would think normal seems to help reduce the bridge irritation. Am waiting for the next size down to see if that helps.

On the bright side, leaks are way down, and yes the magnets are the bomb!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Airfit F10 since it came out in a size Small ( for Her). I bought an F20 and found 1) I needed a Medium because the Small fit smaller and closer to my face than the F10; 2) the top of the mask extends too far, digging into my eyes; and, 3) the exhaust around the valve goes in all directions, so more air gets into my eyes than with the F10. My DME techs said they were getting reports similar to mine from other clients.

I have not tried the memory foam cushion and wonder if that would help?
Post Reply Post Reply
In my search for a "backup" FF mask for nights that I am too congested for pillows, or when my nose is irritated, I've settled on the Airtouch F20 (memory foam).

It's not perfect, but I can get the straps adjusted to prevent leakage when on my side and my chin drops.
It's tight... perhaps too tight, and leaves marks that are visible for an hour or so (my drive to work is an hour so no big deal).... but this is a "backup" mask and not my primary for every nigh use (P10 is my normal mask)

Seal comfort on the skin is much better than the Quattro Air.
Leakage was a constant problem with the Amara View and Quattro Air... Quattro leaked into my eyes, Amara View leaked around my chin.

But... it's not perfect. I've seen complaints about sore noses from the original F20, and this one uses the same design, so it is applying pressure to the same points.
The memory foam prevented any soreness or redness, but there is some discomfort during use. A Large might be a better fit for my nose, but then it's going to be getting more into my eyes and I'm already "feeling" the edge of the seal with my eyelashes.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rich,

Yes, the F20 with original cushion is a much harder and stiffer mask than the Airfit F10. Maybe the elongated nose-bridge piece works better for some people. I noticed mostly men were saying they love it.  I have no trouble with size on the F10, but with the F20 I'm between sizes. A small is too small and a medium too large.

My theory is that ResMed came out with the F20 memory foam cushion because they realized, after getting the F20 to market, that the regular cushion was not going to work for a lot of people.
It definitely is too stiff to conform to smaller faces, smaller noses, or those with flatter nose bridges: the F10's softer cushion is much better for that.

Last night, after a run of nights  between .5 and .9 AHI, I tried the F20 again: AHI after 4.6 hours was 2.9. Gonna clean it thoroughly and donate it with two unopened cushions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 607 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,583 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 396 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.