Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
Baby wipes might not be good. It depends what is in them. Some have aloe in them and I do not think that would be good on the memory foam.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Pampers Natural Clean Wipes contain no alcohol ore aloe.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered the memory foam as well.... didn't know about wipes. Anyone can share any generic wipes that are usable? Actually $59 for just the memory foam is ridiculous.... that's the price of a normal nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2017, 07:17 PM)Melman Wrote: Pampers Natural Clean Wipes contain no alcohol ore aloe.

Thank you.  That is good to know.  I ended up getting some cpap wipes on ebay but they are pricey.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bought the Pampers Natural Clean wipes at Shoprite today. They were on sale for $1.49 for 64 wipes. That sure beats $9.99 on ebay for 62 cpap wipes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been wanting to try out the F20 since I heard about it from the website. The only thing I'm worried about is the cushioning being dirty. Glad to hear it can be washed though, I wouldn't mind having to replace the cushion relatively often if everything else about the mask is perfect.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Still problems after 2 yrs of bipap... have central + some obstructive ... with history of heart failure which has greatly improved.
Constant mouth breather / chin strap intolerable
Shave nightly
Wash/wipe masks daily BUT either trouble with noise & leaking OR nasty red sores on bridge of nose.

Think I have tried about EVERY mask on the market. Most recently Air F20 & Airtouch F20. Both of these FEEL GREAT. No leaks/good AHI scores. BOTH MAKE SORES ON MY ROMAN NOSE! Tried using cloth pads EEEEZZZZ etc., placing mask higher or lower, having straps as loose as possible.
While my nose heals I use the large HYBRID which is noisy, frequently leaks and more challenging in adjusting the pillows. BUT over-all better than the Liberty hybrid. I have also tried the Armana View with & without the cheek pad with poor results.

Can I be missing something. Oh-jeez The therapist has no more suggestions. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can feel your pain. Back in the  old days (before Airfit F20 foam) I had similar problems, especially with sores. To mitigate the problem, I got a bag of plastic fishing worms and melted them, poured them in a dinner plate. That made a sheet of plastic about 3/16th inch thick. Then cut an inverted "V" to fit over the bridge of my nose and down the cheek a couple of inches. Result was a much improved comfort level.

If you try this, do it early in the day so the plastic can outgas for a few hours before use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2017, 09:13 AM)rmclendon Wrote: I can feel your pain. Back in the  old days (before Airfit F20 foam) I had similar problems, especially with sores.

Try mole skin pads.  Cut a shape to fit and place it (them) on the mask itself so cover where the facial red rub marks are.  However the added thickness may raise the bridge up enough to induce air leaks near eyes or mask pharts.

For me the foam mask seems to work the best and I will live with the 4 & 5 AHI as norm.  Dum a** doctor says get the leaks under control with no advice how, and when I ask how he says its all on you and or fitter to solve, then walks out (think hes burned out).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestions for a sore nose using the AirTouch F20 (and all the others). Although the gel Gecko pad has been of no help the fishing worms sound interesting and worth a try.

As for the mole skin... my experience is that the adhesive REALLY STICKS. Doesn't it tear the soft cushion when it's removed? I've tried all sorts of tapes and surgical dressings but have been hesitant to stick the mole skin on. When it was just placed under the mask (like a RemZee pad) it left a blister.

Thanks again -
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 611 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,604 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.