Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
I'm a rookie more or less. May I suggest we differentiate between the ResMed AirFIT and the ResMed AirTOUCH. If I am wrong help Me out but I believe that the AirTOUCH has the memory foam. I would like to hear from people who have suggestions and best practices for extending the life of the memory foam. I have been advised by my supplier (MEDIGAS Canada) that the current suggestion is that the life expectancy has been extended to sixty days up from the 30 days on the ResMed website.

Since I have three of the foams , two still in the package, I want to make them last as long as possible. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

As for cpap vs baby wipes it is my understanding that baby wipes without alcohol or aloe are a suitable cost effective substitute.

I endorse the AirTOUCH F20 my leak rate fell from 6, 90, 10 and 104 L/min to 2, 2, 0 and 0 L/min since I started using the AirTOUCH F20 with memory foam.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2017, 01:33 AM)Aknakon Wrote: I believe that the AirTOUCH has the memory foam.

As for cpap vs baby wipes it is my understanding that baby wipes without alcohol or aloe are a suitable cost effective substitute.
Correct on both.

Pampers Pure and Natural are reported to work well.  About $2 for a box.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2017, 10:41 PM)SCnoel Wrote: As for the mole skin... my experience is that the adhesive REALLY STICKS. Doesn't it tear the soft cushion when it's removed? I've tried all sorts of tapes and surgical dressings but have been hesitant to stick the mole skin on. When it was just placed under the mask (like a RemZee pad) it left a blister.

Only place I use it is for hard plastic like the headgear pinch points.  Yes the mole skin adhesive is designed to stick given where it is normally placed to withstand pulling, sliding, bending etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine just arrive.... going to try tonight. But oh so expensive.... I can buy 3 x nasal pillow mask for price of the Airtouch. Kinda hoping I don't like it so that I don't need to spend a bomb on just replacing the the memory foam since it doesn't last that long.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2017, 04:05 AM)st8800 Wrote: Mine just arrive.... going to try tonight. But oh so expensive.... I can buy 3 x nasal pillow mask for price of the Airtouch. Kinda hoping I don't like it so that I don't need to spend a bomb on just replacing the the memory foam since it doesn't last that long.
Oh you probably will like that mask.  It has dramatically dropped my AHI to < 2.x, so "damn the torpedoes" I will pay the price of new foam masks if it reliably improves my AHI! (an aside, I have started to also use the CPAP Max sleep pillow so the mask is not in contact with pillow and raises my head higher above shoulders (I am side sleeper), so this may also contribute to sudden AHI drop)
But then, each to his/her own as they say....
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually my AHI is already pretty low with nasal pillows, from 0.61 to less than 2. Just trying the F20 to see if it solves my dry mouth issue. Trying every which way.... tape, cervical collar, chin strap, Xylimelts and Biotene. All not very successful so far. Don't have very high hope for the f20 too.
Post Reply Post Reply
SCnoel

For your nose problem, try a small strip of clear plastic surgical adhesive tape over the bridge of your nose.  I had the same problem with the F20 and this took care of it completely.  This is cheap tape, found in any drug store or grocery store.  Leave a little tab on one end and it is much easier to get off the next morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your humidifier set at a high enough level? Sometimes the easy things can be overlooked & I hope this is so for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
How has the AirTouch performed with higher pressures on leaks?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
I use an air curve BiPap machine with pressures of 18.4 and 12.0 and have absolutely no problems leakage wise.
I love the air touch better than any mask I have tried. Just this last week I have found myself to be sensitive to silicone CPAP mask which means all of them till now. They cause inflammation in my hips mainly right side for some reason. Also muscles felt like I had fibromyalgia. Been crippled now for years I believe by masks. Maybe now I can get better with the air touch cushions..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 613 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 526 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,611 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 171 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.