Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
Thanks for input on AirTouch mask. I'll add it to the list I'm trying. Just got AirFit F20. DME days I can try it for 30 days then keep or change to another.

Best to you on getting that sensitivity issue under control.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine has been fine up to 18.
My leak problem is common to both nasal and full... when my chin drops, the bottom of the mask loosens and leaks a bit.
It's not enough to register as a large leak on the graph, MyAir shows zero leakage, but it's enough to feel on my chin and wake me.
Without a cervical collar to support my chin, I would register numerous large leaks with anything other than nasal pillows.

But I do have a beard.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I may collect seals of both silicone and memory foam. Supposedly, I can be shipped a new seal every 30 days. And according to the RT at Apria, switching seals makes AirFit F20 an AirTouch F20 and vice versa. I really want to like the F20, and I've only had it one day, but I have not yet banished leaks almost exactly like you described there CB91710. Just that I clean shave most days.

PS my pressure can max at 25
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The air touch cushions fit the air fit frame.
My supplier said they had them when in  reality the warehouse did not even know about them. So when my 2 and 3rd cushions, were sent then sent air fit cushions. I had to call warehouse to tell them they sent the wrong ones. He went on the computer and found out about the air touch. Took about 2 weeks for them to get them in the warehouse and then to me. Now returning the air fit cushions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for confirming what I was told about cushion swapping.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see you have and air curve 10 ASV. Kind of wish I had one, but just standard Bipap for me now.
You have a ventilator that will force you to breathe even if what is known as central apnea occurs. Most people without a ventilator are limited to around 18cm/h2o as above that central apnea is likely to occur. Standard CPAP and Bipap will not force someone to breathe in that situation . Central apnea is different from obstructive apnea as with central apnea there is no obstruction of the airway, but instead the brain signals to tell the lungs to inhale is lost. With your machine, it can go higher because your machine will force you to breathe even without signals to inhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2017, 07:08 PM)Marthajoy7 Wrote: I see you have and air curve 10 ASV. Kind of wish I had one, but just standard Bipap for me now.
You have a ventilator that will force you to breathe even if what is known as central apnea occurs. Most people without a ventilator are limited to around 18cm/h2o as above that central apnea is likely to occur. Standard CPAP and Bipap will not force someone to breathe in that situation . Central apnea is different from obstructive apnea as with central apnea there is no obstruction of the airway, but instead the brain signals to tell the lungs to inhale is lost. With your machine, it can go higher because your machine will force you to breathe even without signals to inhale.
Yes that's correct. I progressed from CPAP in 7/1015 to BiPAP to ASV. This new blower is really going to get the therapy to me that was needed for a while. Now that my DME rushed me a Small cushion I'm doing better on the leak control. FYI I'm still on AirFit F20 (silicone) as that's best the DME had on hand. Next cushion change is AirTouch.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought an AirTouch as a backup to the P10 I use. I tried it last night and had it up to 25cm with no leaks. First time I've a mask that showed no excess leaks. That aside I had to really tighten it to get it not to leak. I took it off after 3 1/2 hours and used my P10. The AirTouch started hurting my head. I'll try again tonight to see if I can get it a little looser without leaking. Even with more leaks from the P10 I'll still use the P10 as my number one mask.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll have to view results of my mask in small to see how much it's leaking. I don't think it's leaking very much. Just a reminder thus far I've not got the memory foam version yet. But I'm getting the small memory foam cushion in one month. The change from medium to small has helped control my leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Think I am going to drive over to [link removed - Supplier #1] tomorrow and get the memory foam one and try it. Not much on the silicone as hard on my nose and leaks a little around my chin.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 616 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,616 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 173 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 703 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 402 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 426 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.