Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
Well after 3 nights of trying to make the AirTouch work for me I've given up. I bought it in case I have a cold which I now do. AS it turned out I had a harder time breathing through my nose and had to breath with my mouth making a sore throat even sorer. Switched to my AirFit P10 pillows and had no problem breathing through my nose. I could not get the AirTouch to stop leaking without making it tight. Guess I'm part of the 1% it doesn't fit.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the AirTouch F20 for about 20 days and really like it.  Before that, I was on the AirFit F20.  The memory foam is much more comfortable that the silicone.  Easier on the nose bridge.  My only problem is that I still have a leakage problem.  However, I had a similar leakage problem with the AirFit. It is probably caused by the fact that I use an ASV machine, set to Auto, and I get 25cm pressures much of the night.  Guess it's hard for any mask not to have some leakage at those pressures.

I clean the mask daily with Pampers wipes.  Hope it will last longer than one month as my DME does not have this mask in stock yet. I bought this one on the internet. My DME always seem to be the last ones to get anything new in stock.  

I would be curious to know the experience of others regarding how long the AirTouch cushion lasts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure If I am allowed to ask this but has anyone's insurance covered the cost?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2017, 12:22 PM)anita967 Wrote: Not sure If I am allowed to ask this but has anyone's insurance covered the cost?

My health insurance is covering it. Please note that I got the AirFit F20, then the DME sent me 2 AirTouch Small cushions to swap in. I'm thinking that's basically the same. I use both style cushions.

jerrydaw, I'm on ResMed ASV and mine leaks a little. My pressures aren't as high in operation but it is set to hit 25 if needed. My first 14 days the top is 18.4.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't figure out why I've had so much problems with the F-20 both Airfit and Airtouch. When I started the DME gave me a med size Airfit. After looking at both masks closely yesterday I think the problem is the size. I ordered a small size Airtouch replacement and will try that. According to their measurement chart I'm a medium. But looking in the mirror it looks too big. That's the price I pay for leaving the DME and insurance trap. Gotta pay for it myself. Was it worth it? You bet!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2017, 12:51 PM)jerrydaw Wrote: I have been using the AirTouch F20 for about 20 days and really like it.  Before that, I was on the AirFit F20.  The memory foam is much more comfortable that the silicone.  Easier on the nose bridge.  My only problem is that I still have a leakage problem.  However, I had a similar leakage problem with the AirFit. It is probably caused by the fact that I use an ASV machine, set to Auto, and I get 25cm pressures much of the night.  Guess it's hard for any mask not to have some leakage at those pressures.

I clean the mask daily with Pampers wipes.  Hope it will last longer than one month as my DME does not have this mask in stock yet. I bought this one on the internet. My DME always seem to be the last ones to get anything new in stock.  

I would be curious to know the experience of others regarding how long the AirTouch cushion lasts.

Used the AirFit F20 with my older ASV which topped at 25cm and on a bad night could get a couple of large leaks.  Switched to the AirTouch, and it greatly reduced leak problems.  Just got my new ASV DreamStation which tops out at 30cm, and the AirTouch is hanging in there.  The first cushion lasted just a month, and while the foam was still in pretty good shape, it developed a small tear at the very top of the nose bridge.  The second cushion is now going on almost a month and still in good shape - keeping fingers crossed.  Luckily Medicare (and most insurances) allow a monthly replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
robertbuckley

Glad to hear that your AirTouch cushions are lasting.  My one and only hasn't yet gone 30 days, so it is still in good shape.  I try to be very careful in the pamper cleaning so I don't get tears.  In the meantime, until my DME  get the AirTouch cushions  in stock and Medicare pays a portion for them, I may have to purchase replacement cushions over the internet at full price.  Of all the mask cushions I have tried, the AirTouch seems to be the best.  Most comfortable of any.  

I still get leakage at around the 25cm level, but all in all, my AHI's still hover in the 1-6 AHI range.  Guess I can't complain.  What I can't understand is why I have such a wide variable.  I fluctuate between 1+ and 6 AHI  Mostly average  around 2+AHI.  My logic tells me that it should fluctuate in a smaller range, but that's not what happens. I keep thinking that the fluctuation is because of leakage differences, but I am not sure this is true.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2017, 01:09 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I can't figure out why I've had so much problems with the F-20 both Airfit and Airtouch. When I started the DME gave me a med size Airfit. After looking at both masks closely yesterday I think the problem is the size. I ordered a small size Airtouch replacement and will try that. According to their measurement chart I'm a medium.

Same path for me when issued the AirFit F20. The RT started me on medium and there was no way to get leaks to stop completely. Small is almost too small but it does work for me on both A/F & A/T.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind that with a FFM there is more area to leak from. What is the smallest mask that you can use?
Do you have to use a FFM, will a nasal mask work? a Pillow mask?
One method of fighting a FFM leak is to go to a smaller mask.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the medium f20 touch (for her), maybe I should try the small too.  I have it on 30 day trial.  I can't seem to get rid of the leaks.  My problem is I am too cheap,  haven't convinced myself yet that the small is worth spending the $40.

I do like the mask, just wish I could get rid of the leaks..
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 609 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 518 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,597 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.