Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
Fred,

Smaller makes sense given what you mentioned. Smallest size practical means less area to leak. FFM has been only style I own. I haven't tried other styles yet, but I may do so in the future though.

Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do acknowledge that at times the FFM is the only realistic option.

Find and watch the manufactures fitting video, it often contains hints on fit.

I believe that the F20 AirTouch is a must try for those that need a FFM.

In general try masks from least intrusive (Pillows) to most intrusive FFM.
Many mouth breathers (I am one) can, and do use pillows or a nasal mask.

Just trying to throw out alternatives for those that are leaking with their FFM (this is a FFM thread)

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the medium f20 touch (for her), maybe I should try the small too.  I have it on 30 day trial.  I can't seem to get rid of the leaks.  My problem is I am too cheap,  haven't convinced myself yet that the small is worth spending the $40.

I do like the mask, just wish I could get rid of the leaks..

Success last nite.! Leaks way down, ahi 2.5. Time to mark the mask. Hope this is a trend. It took me a week + to tweak.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Success last nite.! Leaks way down, ahi 2.5. Time to mark the mask. Hope this is a trend. It took me a week + to tweak.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
My RT recommended using Water Wipes for cleaning my AirTouch F20. Wipes are pure water with very little aloe. 

Love my AirTouch F20. Very comfy. I am using a small mask with large headgear. My RT said their Resmed rep gave them free large headgear to use with small mask. My RT said they complaineed to Resmed that the headgear is too Smallbox and cause the mask to slip.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2017, 05:21 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: I am using the medium f20 touch (for her), maybe I should try the small too.  I have it on 30 day trial.  I can't seem to get rid of the leaks.  My problem is I am too cheap,  haven't convinced myself yet that the small is worth spending the $40.

I do like the mask, just wish I could get rid of the leaks..

Success last nite.!  Leaks way down, ahi 2.5.  Time to mark the mask. Hope this is a trend.  It took me a week + to tweak.

I found, on the contrary, that the F20 runs small. Smaller than the size chart that comes with it. Smaller than the F10. So, I guess I wouldn't recommend going smaller to get rid of leaks. Smaller would be great IMO, if it fits better. In that case, you'd probably have fewer leaks. But I wouldn't argue for a blanket rule that smaller=fewer leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Busdriver88,
I have moved your post and responses concerning insurance and supply coverage to a new thread.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...p-supplies
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried many masks and although not perfect--the BEST for all points ---I also love lots about it
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone get swelling under the eyes and cheeks with this mask?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2017, 01:09 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I can't figure out why I've had so much problems with the F-20 both Airfit and Airtouch. When I started the DME gave me a med size Airfit. After looking at both masks closely yesterday I think the problem is the size. I ordered a small size Airtouch replacement and will try that. According to their measurement chart I'm a medium. But looking in the mirror it looks too big. That's the price I pay for leaving the DME and insurance trap. Gotta pay for it myself. Was it worth it?  You bet!

Boy do I have the same problem and I am shocked given all the excellent comments about this mask!!!

I have been cruising along with an AHI under 1 with no leaks this month using my Quattro Air or my Simplus masks, but It was time for a new one, and I wanted to try the much celebrated Airsense F20.

My first night was a horror show, with an unheard of 75% leak rate (even after I thought I had it tight enough), and and AHI of 5. Plus, I could hear every breathe i took.

I was looking in the mirror this morning trying to see if I had positioned it wrong, and It looked just like the pictures in its manual, although the top of the mask went up to my eyebrow line (which seemed high to me). So I am wondering, like you, if the mask is too big. (I take a Large by the fitting chart enclosed).

Did you end up resizing your mask smaller? or have you given up on this mask?

Are we the only ones with this problem??

I think I have a week to return the mask, but I want to give it a good try first!
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 611 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 522 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,607 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.