Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The puppy ate my fitbit......
I'm pretty sure. My little fitbit step tracker was plugged into the usb port on the computer to recharge. Now it's gone. The only one that could have gotten it was me, or the puppy. And I didn't do it.

I have searched all her favorite hiding places and it is not to be found.

I think she ate it.

I did hold her up close to the computer to see if she would "sync" with the bluetooth adapter, and she didn't do that. But I'm thinking that given the fact it was pretty low of battery power, and there was a fair amount of puppy in between where the fitbit would be and the computer, that the test at best was "inconclusive." I held her little sister up to the computer too, just in case I had the wrong puppy. But no joy.

I think she ate it.

It will be interesting when I see it again to see how many steps it has logged in my absence.

In the meantime, I can't walk anywhere because I don't have my fitbit to keep track of how far I went. Maybe if I carried the puppy with me.

(08-09-2014, 11:45 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I'm pretty sure. My little fitbit step tracker was plugged into the usb port on the computer to recharge. Now it's gone. The only one that could have gotten it was me, or the puppy. And I didn't do it.

I have searched all her favorite hiding places and it is not to be found.

I think she ate it.
. . .

I really hope this is a joke. If you truly think the puppy ate your FitBit, she should be X-rayed, as anything like this can cause an intestinal blockage, with potentially serious consequences.

Hope you find your FitBit elsewhere.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
It will likely pass if she is big enough. What sort is she, how old, and what weight?

My 'puppy' ate and ENTIRE PUPPY LEAD at 8 weeks old -- he was probably about 20+ lbs.

Yes, it is dangerous and had we known we would have taken him to the vet -- we thought we had misplaced it, never occurred to us he ate the leash.

A few days later, my wife was walking the dog who stopped to do his business and the puppy lead (started) appearing. She had to step on it to help the poor thing expel it completely.

It's funny now but he easily could have died.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."

Herb!! How cool it is to read you again. Welcome back!

The good news is Mrs. Retired_Guy found the fitbit this morning. It was behind the woodpile for the wood stove. So it wasn't "in" the puppy. So that's good. The bad news is it has expired. The little puppy teeth were just too much for it. Maybe I'll check and see if it is covered under some sort of special "puppy warranty" or something.

Either that, or maybe it succumbed to something entirely unrelated to the puppy. Maybe "global warming."

Things zone out into an alternate reality. It's the only possible explanation for the things I lose within a single room.
For example: I have multiple SanDisk card readers because they kept zoning out. Now I have enough that they zone in/out such that I always have one at hand.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
I am sure that fitbit is another casualty of Global Warming -- maybe you can get some grant money to study "Contribution of Juvenile Canines and Global Warming in Dissipation of Fitness Instrumentation" or some such -- just remember your study needs a REALLY GOOD TITLE.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."

I remember seeing a recall about some of the fitbits and how they were causing a rash. Maybe you could try to get it replaced for that reason. You could always say the teeth marks were from trying to scratch the itch from it. Yeah, that's it.

(08-10-2014, 10:59 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Either that, or maybe it succumbed to something entirely unrelated to the puppy. Maybe "global warming."

(08-10-2014, 01:20 PM)herbm Wrote: I am sure that fitbit is another casualty of Global Warming -- maybe you can get some grant money to study "Contribution of Juvenile Canines and Global Warming in Dissipation of Fitness Instrumentation" or some such -- just remember your study needs a REALLY GOOD TITLE.

Guys, might be a good time to drop the global warming tit-for-tat thing that's been going on between the two of you for some time now... I know each of you is kidding around and neither of you means any harm against the other, but yet stuff like that can get out of hand. This is just a friendly reminder that sometimes it's best to let it go and go on to other issues (a word to the wise)

I'm asking nicely, please. Thanks for your consideration.

Happy Eyes

For now, I'm closing this thread.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New puppy AlanE 9 322 11-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: FunkOdyssey
  Puppy! I'm getting one! PaulaO2 35 3,242 10-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  The puppy strikes! retired_guy 14 2,517 07-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Last Post: retired_guy