Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Sex: Male

The puppy ate my fitbit......
I'm pretty sure. My little fitbit step tracker was plugged into the usb port on the computer to recharge. Now it's gone. The only one that could have gotten it was me, or the puppy. And I didn't do it.

I have searched all her favorite hiding places and it is not to be found.

I think she ate it.

I did hold her up close to the computer to see if she would "sync" with the bluetooth adapter, and she didn't do that. But I'm thinking that given the fact it was pretty low of battery power, and there was a fair amount of puppy in between where the fitbit would be and the computer, that the test at best was "inconclusive." I held her little sister up to the computer too, just in case I had the wrong puppy. But no joy.

I think she ate it.

It will be interesting when I see it again to see how many steps it has logged in my absence.

In the meantime, I can't walk anywhere because I don't have my fitbit to keep track of how far I went. Maybe if I carried the puppy with me.
08-09-2014 11:45 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
becker44a Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus Lg
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Rx 10 - 20cm, Usually 10-14cm

Other Comments:

RE: The puppy ate my fitbit......
(08-09-2014 11:45 PM)retired_guy Wrote:  I'm pretty sure. My little fitbit step tracker was plugged into the usb port on the computer to recharge. Now it's gone. The only one that could have gotten it was me, or the puppy. And I didn't do it.

I have searched all her favorite hiding places and it is not to be found.

I think she ate it.
. . .

I really hope this is a joke. If you truly think the puppy ate your FitBit, she should be X-rayed, as anything like this can cause an intestinal blockage, with potentially serious consequences.

Hope you find your FitBit elsewhere.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
08-09-2014 11:51 PM
herbm Online

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
CPAP Pressure: 11-16

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

It will likely pass if she is big enough. What sort is she, how old, and what weight?

My 'puppy' ate and ENTIRE PUPPY LEAD at 8 weeks old -- he was probably about 20+ lbs.

Yes, it is dangerous and had we known we would have taken him to the vet -- we thought we had misplaced it, never occurred to us he ate the leash.

A few days later, my wife was walking the dog who stopped to do his business and the puppy lead (started) appearing. She had to step on it to help the poor thing expel it completely.

It's funny now but he easily could have died.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
08-10-2014 03:17 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Herb!! How cool it is to read you again. Welcome back!

The good news is Mrs. Retired_Guy found the fitbit this morning. It was behind the woodpile for the wood stove. So it wasn't "in" the puppy. So that's good. The bad news is it has expired. The little puppy teeth were just too much for it. Maybe I'll check and see if it is covered under some sort of special "puppy warranty" or something.

Either that, or maybe it succumbed to something entirely unrelated to the puppy. Maybe "global warming."
08-10-2014 10:59 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Things zone out into an alternate reality. It's the only possible explanation for the things I lose within a single room.
For example: I have multiple SanDisk card readers because they kept zoning out. Now I have enough that they zone in/out such that I always have one at hand.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-10-2014 12:17 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
herbm Online

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
CPAP Pressure: 11-16

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

I am sure that fitbit is another casualty of Global Warming -- maybe you can get some grant money to study "Contribution of Juvenile Canines and Global Warming in Dissipation of Fitness Instrumentation" or some such -- just remember your study needs a REALLY GOOD TITLE.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
08-10-2014 01:20 PM
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

I remember seeing a recall about some of the fitbits and how they were causing a rash. Maybe you could try to get it replaced for that reason. You could always say the teeth marks were from trying to scratch the itch from it. Yeah, that's it.
08-10-2014 05:38 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(08-10-2014 10:59 AM)retired_guy Wrote:  Either that, or maybe it succumbed to something entirely unrelated to the puppy. Maybe "global warming."

(08-10-2014 01:20 PM)herbm Wrote:  I am sure that fitbit is another casualty of Global Warming -- maybe you can get some grant money to study "Contribution of Juvenile Canines and Global Warming in Dissipation of Fitness Instrumentation" or some such -- just remember your study needs a REALLY GOOD TITLE.

Guys, might be a good time to drop the global warming tit-for-tat thing that's been going on between the two of you for some time now... I know each of you is kidding around and neither of you means any harm against the other, but yet stuff like that can get out of hand. This is just a friendly reminder that sometimes it's best to let it go and go on to other issues (a word to the wise)

I'm asking nicely, please. Thanks for your consideration.

Happy Eyes

For now, I'm closing this thread.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

08-10-2014 06:40 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Puppy! I'm getting one! PaulaO2 30 845 Yesterday 04:22 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  The puppy strikes! retired_guy 14 2,008 07-10-2014 07:01 PM
Last Post: retired_guy