Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The results are in
The results are in
My diagnosis today: "severe" sleep apnea.
They will be in touch.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The results are in
Welcome to the forum.

Where do you live, Ontario? It is important because of the differences between the provinces.
You may want to familiarize yourself with the links in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day DakotaNorth. Welcome to Apnea Board.

"Severe" apnea means you're experiencing more than 30 apnea or hypopnea events per hour (on average). That's not too bad - it's just like getting strangled every two minutes all night long! Shock

If would would like to share your detailed results, we may be able to provide some guidance as to the best way forward. Quite frequently we see something in the data that the doc may have overlooked - you'd me amazed how often that happens. If you do post a copy of your report, include all the tables and charts but be sure to erase your name, id number, phone number etc etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, DakotaNorth! Nobody wants to learn they have severe apnea, but at least now you know something really important about how your body works. Fortunately, the condition is completely treatable, as I imagine you know.

Do you know yet what kind of machine they might give you? If you just need a regular auto-adjusting CPAP machine, and if there’s any choice in the matter, I think most people on the forum would recommend the Airsense 10 Autoset For Her. Second choice, Airsense 10 Autoset.

This is a very helpful forum, I think, and I hope you’ll post again soon as you move toward treatment. One nice thing about posting here is that your questions and observations, and the responses to them, will wind up being helpful to other people. It’ll be good if you continue to post in this thread for the sake of continuity.
Post Reply Post Reply
[split] CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
They suggested ResMed AirSense. I was disappointed that it wasn't AutoSet but I managed to go home with an AutoSet For Her unit.
No hose?  I'm glad I had a remnant from years ago.  But I'm pleased.
ApneaBoard didn't send the manual as requested but Google pointed me to a resource.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
(03-14-2020, 08:24 PM)DakotaNorth Wrote: ApneaBoard didn't send the manual as requested but Google pointed me to a resource.

Yes I did... check your spam/junk email folder.

It was sent Thu, Mar 12, 4:56 PM Central US Time (2 days ago).
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have acquired a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her with a static pressure of 9.  I used a very old tube because they never gave me one.  They gave me a nasal mask. I'd like a full mask because I'm highly congested at times. But I hope this will help me as I've been just so exhausted, and even if I wake at 2 p.m. I still feel I got no sleep.  Last night was my first night.
Post Reply Post Reply
DakotaNorth, be sure to download the free OSCAR software and post a chart. your pressure is very low, and you will likely benefit from some changes to pressure and EPR. You got the best auto CPAP machine on the market, so congrats.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will give it a few days. For a prescribed CPAP pressure of 9, what would be a starting AutoSet range?
Post Reply Post Reply
Dakotanorth I would set the minimum pressure to 7 and max pressure to 20 and EPR to 3
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 474 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.