Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The supplies keep coming...
The supplies keep coming...
I had another delivery today. I had to reorganize my storage containers to make more room, so I decided to take an inventory of what I have. 

(13) ClimateLine hoses.                               #37296

(7)  Water reservoirs.                                  #37299

(3) AirFit F30 (M) Mask System                    #63462

(1) AirFit F20 (L) Mask System                     #63402

(2) AirFit F20 (L) Mask                                #63462

(4) AirFit F30 (M) Mask                               #64156

(4) AirFit F30 (M) Mask                               #64101

(5) AirFit F20 (L) Cushion                           #63469

(16) AirFit F30 (M) Cushion                         #64151

(56) ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Filters     # Cf2107-1

So.....it looks as if I'm in good shape for awhile. I was able to continue to keep it all in two storage tubs, just by rearranging it all.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The supplies keep coming...........
New in Arizona, Big DME. Plenty of bike parking.

Sounds like you'll have enough extras for a few decades.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what happens when you decide when a piece of equipment needs to be replaced, rather than the usual industry guidelines.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure you have the ability to decline supplies. I get a call every few months. I keep some backups but that's ridiculous.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2021, 07:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm sure you have the ability to decline supplies.  I get a call every few months.  I keep some backups but that's ridiculous.

All of my supplies are paid for by Medicare / BC BS insurance. Nothing out-of-pocket on my end.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Guy that's incredible.

I used my first mask for 5 years. It was a nasal pillows mask. Breeze I think. That was 30+ years ago.

I'm using an N20 mask by ResMed. I have a spare. Wish I had your stash!

I'm happy you have your stuff. Truly.

I tried to get a stash myself as I should be retired by now. But i keep using the spare mask.
Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2021, 08:01 PM)Big Guy Wrote: All of my supplies are paid for by Medicare / BC BS insurance. Nothing out-of-pocket on my end.

Same here, but I still choose whether to receive them. I declined humidifier chamber, tubing and filters in my last refill request.  Just because you have a fortunate insurance, doesn't mean you have to take everything offered.  What am I missing? Is the objective really to leave a CPAP legacy to your heirs?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2021, 08:01 PM)Big Guy Wrote: All of my supplies are paid for by Medicare / BC BS insurance. Nothing out-of-pocket on my end.

I don't have Medicare but do have BC/BS. I tried to get another tube because my sleep doctor gave me a full face mask to try. I can't use the tube I have now because the white connector of my current mask is stuck inside the tube opening. I was told I have to wait until Dec.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The supplies keep coming...
This may not be Big Guy's situation, but I think some DMEs have an automatic replenishment system for which a user can sign up. No phone call from DME to user, thus no opportunity to decline supplies. Things just "appear" in the mail according to replenishment guidelines of user's insurance, whether they are needed or not. This is good for the DME because it keeps sales volume up (and presumably profits too), albeit artificially and unnecessarily.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 148 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,207 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question [News] RESMED CHANGES COMING? srlevine1 6 985 12-30-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.