The thoughts that I have on Apnea Board, and two other Apnea/PAP related forum ares.
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Sex: Male

RE: The thoughts that I have on Apnea Board, and two other Apnea/PAP related forum ares.
Thanks Bi,

I've never been to those other sites. Keeping Superguy on track at this site is challenging enough.

Besides, absolutely everything I know (that's both things) I learned here. I'm currently on a quest to get my AHI below zero, so if you do see a good thread somewhere that tells me how to do that, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just hang around here and make Mongo nutz.
04-29-2015 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
BiLevel48 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed VPAP S9 VPAP AUTO E0470
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel
Humidifier: H5I
CPAP Pressure: 18/10 MODE BiLevel

Other Comments:

RE: The thoughts that I have on Apnea Board, and two other Apnea/PAP related forum ares.
(04-29-2015 05:54 PM)AlanE Wrote:  I like this board so much I donated to it. I appreciate the humor on many of the folks here. After a long, tiring day of working while tired it's nice to get a laugh now and then.

I totally agree with you.I Love wsome of the humor. You know there was a post I had read a few weeks ago. I do not remember when the post was actually posted, but it was about the necessity of battery backup for your PAP therapy device in case of a power outage, such as during the winter when during the night, or during the wee hours, the power might GO OUT. Well the person who started the forum post was using a scenario, and he described the PAP tubing as resembling an Octopus. I don't remember his exact phraise but something like, "And your friendly Octopus shaped mask which delivers the life sustaining air, is no longer hissing because of a power outage." Or something in that line of a phraise, but he was describing a scenario during the winter and was very very descriptive. You really should look for it, IT IS REALLY GOOD. I need to get a battery back up for my VPAP machine, because in Kentucky while our power did not go out, we really had a bad winter getting I would say 15 inches of snow in our driveway. Oh, it was a lot, but I did think about what kind of trouble my Dad and I were going to be in if our Power were to go out. But I LOVE the humor here. It is something to laugh about. We all need a good laugh.
04-29-2015 08:35 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(04-29-2015 05:26 PM)car54 Wrote:  This is the only site that I go to. It has everything that I need.
No more has to be said.
Brad
Exactly right, everything you need at your your fingertips
Coffee

I-love-Apnea-Board
04-29-2015 08:50 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trailrider Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: A10 Autoset for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Eson or P10
Humidifier: autoset
CPAP Pressure: 6-12 DME, 7-13 me
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: engineer. EPR at 3, unheated hose, humidity at 2. Routine hose entanglement.

Sex: Female

[/quote]

. I need to get a battery back up for my VPAP machine, because in Kentucky while our power did not go out, we really had a bad winter getting I would say 15 inches of snow in our driveway. Oh, it was a lot, but I did think about what kind of trouble my Dad and I were going to be in if our Power were to go out. [/quote]

DielaughingDielaughingDielaughing

Can't...help...it... 15 inches is a small squall where I live...
My relatives had 20 feet in the Maritimes this winter.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/ar...ts-/45509/
04-29-2015 08:51 PM
BiLevel48 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed VPAP S9 VPAP AUTO E0470
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel
Humidifier: H5I
CPAP Pressure: 18/10 MODE BiLevel

Other Comments:

(04-29-2015 08:50 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(04-29-2015 05:26 PM)car54 Wrote:  This is the only site that I go to. It has everything that I need.
No more has to be said.
Brad
Exactly right, everything you need at your your fingertips
Coffee

I-love-Apnea-Board

.Smile Smile Smile Smile I agree. If you have Sleep Apnea, or think you might have Sleep Apnea, COME HERE, because You will be AT THE RIGHT PLACE. You will be Where you need to be. If you Have PAP Problems whether it be trouble sleeping because not enough PAP Pressure, or Too much PAP Pressure, Come Here, cause You will be coming to the PERFECT, place. If you a dog that is afraid of your PAP machine, and thinks that your machine is hurting you, therefore attacks the tubing thus ripping the mask off your face at night by jerking at the tubing, Come here. You will be coming to the right place! If you have a cat that hisses and goes MEEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOOWWWWWW at the PAP tubing and claws it, come here, because you will be coming to the right place. If you have problems accepting the fact that you do in fact have Sleep Apnea, COME HERE, because you will be coming to the correct place. IF YOU NEED IT, It is here. It is RIGHT HERE on the APNEA BOARD. All you have to do is come and get it. We'll give it to you.
.Oh, and if you have a Pug that is snoring as loud as a chainsaw at night, keeping you awake, well, Come here, we can at least help YOU get sleep through his snoring. LOL
04-29-2015 09:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SaldusMiegas Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: P-10, F&P Simplus
Humidifier: integrated
CPAP Pressure: Rx:14, Set:Auto 8.0-15.0

Other Comments: Woot! P-10 pillows plus Ruby chinstrap for side-sleeping mouth breathers

(04-29-2015 08:22 PM)retired_guy Wrote:  I'm currently on a quest to get my AHI below zero, so if you do see a good thread somewhere that tells me how to do that, let me know.

Well, there was this one web site offering a make money from sleeping at home ebook. It had testimonials of people who previously had an AHI of 600 and were able to reduce their AHI by an average of 720 points in less than 30 days with no special exercise or dieting.

Some men reported that hot flashes went away completely, and some women reported significant new hair growth. Most of the after pictures were of people who now looked like they were in their twenties after 30 days following the regimen.

In the small print there were the usual disclaimers and warnings: avoid trying the relaxation exercises when drowsy, may cause nostril enlargement and occasional thoughts of mariticide, do not to take if allergic to asparagus, and a special video conferencing number to report erections lasting more than four hours.

I bought it before I found this forum and got my CPAP machine. Started reading the ebook several times but kept falling asleep. Never saw any of the benefits. YMMV. Only two more easy payments of $29.95 left. Was considered out of network and not covered by my insurance. Also available on SD card as part of the premium starter kit offered by the DME.

You can find more info here: [[ Auto Word Filter: links to scam sites not allowed ]] .com

Saldus Miegas
04-30-2015 07:05 AM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(04-30-2015 07:05 AM)SaldusMiegas Wrote:  Well, there was this one web site offering a make money from sleeping at home ebook. It had testimonials of people who previously had an AHI of 600 and were able to reduce their AHI by an average of 720 points in less than 30 days with no special exercise or dieting.

Some men reported that hot flashes went away completely, and some women reported significant new hair growth. Most of the after pictures were of people who now looked like they were in their twenties after 30 days following the regimen.

In the small print there were the usual disclaimers and warnings: avoid trying the relaxation exercises when drowsy, may cause nostril enlargement and occasional thoughts of mariticide, do not to take if allergic to asparagus, and a special video conferencing number to report erections lasting more than four hours.

I bought it before I found this forum and got my CPAP machine. Started reading the ebook several times but kept falling asleep. Never saw any of the benefits. YMMV. Only two more easy payments of $29.95 left. Was considered out of network and not covered by my insurance. Also available on SD card as part of the premium starter kit offered by the DME.

You can find more info here: [[ Auto Word Filter: links to scam sites not allowed ]] .com

Saldus Miegas
DielaughingLaugh-a-lot

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
04-30-2015 07:27 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Smile [Admin Note] PLEASE HELP Apnea Board if you can [new server coming] SuperSleeper 28 669 Today 11:37 AM
Last Post: BKeeper
  Upset about central apnea sleepytimegal 6 224 12-03-2016 11:54 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  New Member. This board has already made my life better! Russatrice 9 318 11-26-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Angry [News] DANGER OF UNDIAGNOSED SLEEP APNEA srlevine1 7 519 11-21-2016 03:26 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Central Sleep Apnea? wayne99 8 734 11-20-2016 06:39 AM
Last Post: wayne99
  Help - Am I on the correct Forum?? Dagswe21 22 821 11-15-2016 07:01 AM
Last Post: Dagswe21
  Sleep Apnea Alphabet Soup ladytimes 2 209 11-13-2016 02:16 PM
Last Post: ladytimes