Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The worst steak
(04-27-2015, 06:24 PM)justMongo Wrote: You guys cook your steaks? Wimps!
[Image: wimppp.jpg]

Come to think of it, the guy does have a point. I like mine steaks to be done by working up a sweat running across the backyard.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ever seen a really old, thin, fleabitten, decrepit looking, neglected cow standing out in some farmer's field out in the country? Organic, free range, grass fed, baby.

However, it's a good point. Apart from the emotion and purported health benefits, would you really expect better tasting meat from a cow raised in a pen, fed an "optimum" diet, quick grown, and slaughtered "young and tender?" Apparently, the "fast food" diet of feed lot cattle improves marbling.

I agree, bison meat is divine, if expensive. Costo used to occasionally have some semi-reasonably priced bison steak, but rarely have it for a good price any more.

Gee, they keep changing names on the native animals. Buffalo are now bison, antelope are now pronghorns.

"Give me a home where the bison roam
and the deer and pronghorn play."
just doesn't sound right.

Don't get me started on possum...

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
When the steak packaging said "organic, free range, grass fed" that should have been all of the clues needed that it would taste baaaaaad. Most beef in supermarkets is not that great any more anyway at least in the Western U.S.
Post Reply Post Reply

It all makes me wonder what has become of my "pet cow." Now, he/she isn't really my pet cow. It's just one I have kept my eye on when I drive back and forth to town. There's a nice big pasture with a flock of cows in it. In the middle of the pasture is a raised mound of something. Dirt, I don't know... Anyhow my pet cow always had an affinity for climbing up to the top of that mound of whatever it is. Once there, there isn't really any room for him to do anything but stand there and complain. I don't think he can figure out how to get down by himself. I always figured someone must come along to help him out. I haven't seen my cow in awhile come to think of it. I wonder if he is now high priced, grass fed, up in the air hamburger meat. I hope not. He was a nice cow. If you are into that sort of thing.

Post Reply Post Reply
a big portion of food is gmo and we do our best to stay away from gmo food. takes a lot of work and money to do it though
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 09:20 PM)me50 Wrote: a big portion of food is gmo and we do our best to stay away from gmo food. takes a lot of work and money to do it though

.......sounds like a cow with a speech impediment. Gamooooooooooo, gamoooooo.....
Post Reply Post Reply

R G you ought take that to a comedy club! LOL
A flock of he-cows. Such an image I dare not describe!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 09:53 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: R G you ought take that to a comedy club! LOL
A flock of he-cows. Such an image I dare not describe!

Utter Folly.Laugh-a-lotEat-popcorn
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gamooooooooooo,
gamoooooo.....

Not impediment. Call of the wild Ozzie cow blowing his didge. Geez I crack myself up late at night sleep deprived Wink
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

gamooooooooooo tastes like what I suspect cow patties taste like had I tried them
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question What's the secret to cooking steak? SuperSleeper 13 2,387 03-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Last Post: mjbearit