Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Theoretically everything is fine...
RE: Theoretically everything is fine...
Most of the professional techs therapy pressure settings seem no more scientific than guessing if it'll rain or snow. When they get paid to make these supposed educational decisions, why do they so often act like tons of heavy deep thinking is involved to "voila! the prefect pressure for you is...4-20!" Lazy dufus defaults. I look at it like this though, if these techs did their job better, Apnea Board wouldn't have so many people asking why therapy is bad, why am I airstarved, can therapy be better than AHI 19, blah blah.

Since we know in reality every person needs personalized settings yet no doc or tech seems to get it right, I think places like AB will be open for quite a long time to come. There is no such thing as one answer for every apneic out there, nor is there one mask or machine that is best for all. Cookie cutter therapy never seems to get it right, so we exist here. Just sayin'.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
BB, I need you to trust me here and make some changes. 

Mode: Autoset Soft or Standard
Minimum Pressure 6.0
Maximum Pressure 10.0
EPR: on full time
EPR setting: 2

We just have to deal with the flow limits, and the EPR will help and should feel more comfortable.  This actually lowers your exhale pressure. I want to increase maximum pressure to 12 when you're ready, but you really need the EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used Sleeprider's settings and got my lowest AHI ever. I'm excited! It's hard to say how it felt because I was really anxious last evening/night, and so I felt like I was low key suffocating even while I was breathing normal air. However, once I turned the ramp back on the CPAP didn't really feel any worse than normal air, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that on a normal night it would be fine. Hopefully tonight I will be able to relax more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR data looks pretty good. Flow Limits are still there but below .25 as I see it. That may be the only thing that might need addressed yet, but otherwise it looks fine. That cluster of CA at the latter end is possibly a SWJ/sleep-wake junk episode or positional change breath holds. SWJ can occur as we transition from sleep to wake with the respiratory control switching from sleep to waking.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks a lot better. I would not mind seeing minimum pressure at 7.0, maximum pressure increased to 11.0 and EPR at 3, but all in good time. Give it try when you're ready.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:
I haven't changed the settings yet. Been dealing with a lot of stress from other health issues and current events, but that's all started to calm down enough that I have enough bandwidth to more actively deal with my sleep apnea again. I was feeling noticeably less tired, but recently I think I've been drifting back towards my normal levels of tired. I'm not sure if that's because of the aforementioned stress or because my AHI has not been as great this past week. I'm posting OSCAR charts from last night and from a recent night that seems to be representative of an average night since I've last changed settings. Should I still be increasing the pressure and EPR? I think I've been having more centrals, but I'm not sure if it's significant or just centrals being consistently inconsistent.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  [Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings? Keicereal 5 371 12-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,552 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help with fine tuning pressure! LWilder 17 2,809 07-01-2023, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please help me fine tune my Dreamstation 2 drzebra 2 438 05-18-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: drzebra
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 786 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.