Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

leak problem solved!
RE: leak problem solved!
I found this to be a great solution to many mask problems. I started with a short-trimmed beard and stash. Just a scruff of sorts. Had that going on for 40 years and was afraid of what I might find if I was clean shaven. And my wife liked my beard too.

Too many hassles with my mask lead me to shave it all off and see if the leakage, seal, noise, comfort, and efficacy would improve. In all cases there was a marked improvement. And my wife was pleased with what was hiding under the beard.

I clean my cushion with a CPAP wipe every morning, Quick shave of the contact areas of my face, and wash up before bed. That seems to be a winning combination for me as you all have described in one way or another.

The scruffy beard probably looked better when there was more color in it anyhow.

Not going to win any beauty contests. But, I look younger and a bit more dashing rather than distinguished as both chins now attest to.
SHa_clap2 Good thread and topic. Lots of men and some women  Oh-jeez should benefit form this info.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 6 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 239 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 153 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.