Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gave my old Dreamstation to a friend, look at his results
RE: Gave my old Dreamstation to a friend, look at his results
The "brilliance" behind the Resmed is pretty simple. Some people respond much better to bilevel pressure support than to CPAP pressure, and Resmed stepped up and incorporated up to 3-cm of pressure support into every one of its CPAP machines, then called it a "comfort feature" EPR. The fact is, you got a bilevel that addresses the common complaints of flow limitation, RERA and hypopnea much more effectively and comfortably than CPAP pressure. Several other manufacturers have also figured it out, but my observation of Respironics is that they have been stagnated in their approach to CPAP since the legacy CPAPs of the 90s and 2000s. They do this because they don't see patients as their customers, so we have zero input. I don't know how a company can continue to ignore the better results of its competitor for so long, except that they do great business by selling less expensive machines through doctors and DMEs to a mostly uninformed patient base. It is not just that Philips Respironics flags more events and Resmed fewer. We get constant feedback here about how therapy is working and how it feels. That is the measure of success or failure, not the numbers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2020, 07:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't know how a company can continue to ignore the better results of its competitor for so long, except that they do great business by selling less expensive machines through doctors and DMEs to a mostly uninformed patient base.   It is not just that Philips Respironics flags more events and Resmed fewer. We get constant feedback here about how therapy is working and how it feels.  That is the measure of success or failure, not the numbers.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a trend with DME's only carrying Respironics. Of course, that's because it affects their bottom line. I've had to change DME's recently, and 3 out of the 5 in my area will only carry Respironics machines. They will not order ResMed machines, but will sell masks and other supplies from both manufacturers.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
These exclusive supplier contracts come with financial incentives, and Philips has bee very aggressive in getting them. I guess if you don't sell the better machine, you make sure it's the only machine. A really anti-consumer trend typical for the medical mafia.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update on this,

My friend achieved this with this Dreamstation I gave him.

Lol he says he can barely breathe through his nose even when awake.
Snores all the time when he sleeps.

Anyone has any ideas what could be done to get AHI, let's say below 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I just noticed Bonjour told us tht he should join apneaboard and make his own thread.

SOrry everyone, I will tell him to do so
Post Reply Post Reply
I told you before, I would not subject my worst enemy to the Dreamstation...actually I didn't but I'll leave this here for his benefit and assume you told him your own opinion of the 'screamstation'. When posting a chart, it helps if you minimize the monthly calendar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 17 326 5 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 180 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,521 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 204 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 204 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.